Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Size And Folding Mirrors On Mk7 Zs

gazza81288

If you want to check the folding mirror wiring, do Not forgot to check between the door and the body Shell! All door wired for Folding mirror, but not all wired in the car...

you will need wired up 2 wire each door plus 2 relay, one to open and one to close!

gallery_13241_370_89953.jpg

this from one Titanium model, i will fit it when i have time for that...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iNath

• Lez

• WhiteFoFi2011

• White_ZS_TDCI

Fantastic video Nath. Can't wait for the weekend now to see if my car is compatible.

If compatible, the only thing i think i will struggle with is reprogramming. Do you have any advise on how to go about this and what you will need. Do you think Ford could do this for me?

Cheers

Fantastic video Nath. Can't wait for the weekend now to see if my car is compatible.

If compatible, the only thing i think i will struggle with is reprogramming. Do you have any advise on how to go about this and what you will need. Do you think Ford could do this for me?

Cheers

You need a Ford tech who knows what they're doing (i.e. few and far between) or iNath or some other 'Ford' associated guy to do it.

IDS laptop is the key.

Here's the updated vid, skip to 4:00 if you saw the original and want to know about the switch.

For anyone wondering the powerfold switch is the same I fitted to my Mk6, so I confirm it works.

all doors wired with folding mirror, but not all car under dash wire loom have it...

gallery_13241_370_116831.jpg

gallery_13241_370_93216.jpg

gallery_13241_370_113976.jpg

So i need to wire my car :) i will do next week, and i will update the topic....

Lez,

Did yours have 6 or 8 wires behind door card where mirror plugs in?

8 wires all way in the doors....

• 2 weeks later...

Yes powerfold mirrors retrolfit is possible. Need 2 powerfoold mirrors and the switch for the drivers door. Then car has to be reprogramed :)

Powerfold.gif

Hi Nath, thinking about this for my '08 Mk6 Fiesta, but not bothered about linking the power fold to the igniion/alarm etc - happy to operate them on the switch only - would reprogramming the car/ECU still be required, or would new mirrors & switch suffice?

Cheers,

Hi Nath, thinking about this for my '08 Mk6 Fiesta, but not bothered about linking the power fold to the igniion/alarm etc - happy to operate them on the switch only - would reprogramming the car/ECU still be required, or would new mirrors & switch suffice?

Cheers,

on the MK6 you will not need to programming, just wirirng, send me a PM with your email address, and i will send you a guide how to instal folding mirror on MK6

Lez

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, taking delivery of my mk7 fiesta zetec-s a week on sunday, too excited

the spec of the zetec-s I'm getting is 1.6 petrol, street pack, auto-headlights & wipers, voice control etc.

would have liked the city pack on the car more so the power fold mirrors ( not so bothered about the rear parking sensors) but i got it for a cracking price so i can't complain

so im wondering does retro-fitting power fold mirrors void manufacturers warranty as i would like to try and install them as some point!

Thanks timsh89

so im wondering does retro-fitting power fold mirrors void manufacturers warranty as i would like to try and install them as some point!

I'd like to say I cannot see why but knowing Ford they'll do anything to get out of a claim.

But then again I can't imagine you're dealer will ever notice, they'll assume it came from the factory like that.

In case of a warranty claim really they would have to prove the mirrors caused the fault (extremely unlikely) or try and get you to prove that it didn't cause it.

I'd like to say I cannot see why but knowing Ford they'll do anything to get out of a claim.

But then again I can't imagine you're dealer will ever notice, they'll assume it came from the factory like that.

In case of a warranty claim really they would have to prove the mirrors caused the fault (extremely unlikely) or try and get you to prove that it didn't cause it.

cheers for the speedy reply dude, looked at your video about taking off door card, and checking the fuse box, are all the parts that would be involved all ford parts (relay, leads) and how hard will it be to do, sorry bout all the questions total rookie!

and how would you go about re-programming of the ecu go in respect to this?

Also noticed that you have sprayed interior plastics any guides for this or know any business that offer this service?

Install is relatively easy, after the door cards have been removed unplug the old ones, unscrew the nut holding it to the door, install new one. Then install the switch as well that I mention in the vid.

As for reprogramming the ECU you'd need someone with access to Ford IDS and their laptop to make the changes.

I sprayed the plastics myself, though pretty much any bodyshop should give you a quote on it.

brill cheers, guessing its not wise to just go to a ford dealer n say i need ECU re-programming. will it be best if you know someone ...?

brill if i need any advice on fitting power fold mirrors or for spraying interior plastics am i ok to get in touch?

brill cheers, guessing its not wise to just go to a ford dealer n say i need ECU re-programming. will it be best if you know someone ...?

brill if i need any advice on fitting power fold mirrors or for spraying interior plastics am i ok to get in touch?

best if you know someone with IDS, it cheaper then £80/hr by Ford, and Ford will not activate the folding mirrors, or cruise control, ect! but it will take change on your warranty.

best if you know someone with IDS

Ahhh that could be a problem, so it definitely has to be re-programmed even just to work it via the newer control?

Ahhh that could be a problem, so it definitely has to be re-programmed even just to work it via the newer control?

I'll be honest I don't know. I didn't try and use the door switch before I activated it so I couldn't answer that.

Though there'd be little point fitting it if you didn't want it to open/close with key fob?

best if you know someone with IDS, it cheaper then £80/hr by Ford, and Ford will not activate the folding mirrors, or cruise control, ect! but it will take change on your warranty.

Hi Lez

Why they won't activate the folding mirrors?

Hi Lez

Why they won't activate the folding mirrors?

They don't know how, and if they did they'd have to warranty it which they won't want to do.

They don't know how, and if they did they'd have to warranty it which they won't want to do.

How did you manage to fit yours?

How did you manage to fit yours?

Reverse engineering ;)

• Like 1

Reverse engineering ;)

Don't keep all the secrets for yourself ;)

By the way, I saw in one of your videos about the ESP button. Did you have it or you fitted it afterwards? If I will buy one would I need to program the car or it should work straight away?

My ESP button came as standard - I believe others have bought the switch for around £35 and plugged it in themselves. There's quite a long thread somewhere...

My ESP button came as standard - I believe others have bought the switch for around £35 and plugged it in themselves. There's quite a long thread somewhere...

So no need for programming of the ESP right?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club