Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Key?

MrrNoName

Hey all,

basically, I only have one key for my mk2 1.8tdci focus. the type of key is the remote flip one where the metal key part springs out when you press a button. through general use its getting pretty worn out

Ive heard that you need two working keys to program another?

If i took the car to ford could they program me a new key with only a single existing working one?

Cheers for your time

Yes Ford can program a new key using just one working key, However you'll be looking upwards of £100 for the pleasure! Not sure if any auto electrician can do it, Might be worth a scout around.

thats good news, i better get it done before this one breaks lol.

i know its expensive :( but i live really close to a ford dealership so its an easy option, thanks for your reply :)

i paid £150 to get a new key for mine just thought i would let you know so you know roughly what they charge

I had a key made up for my focus last year, it was the flip key as you describe. I used an auto locksmith who charged me £75 for buying the key, cutting and programming it-the key itself was also a genuine ford key. The local fraud dealer quoted me approx £185!

i also have only one key for my mk 2 focus tho its not the flip one would this be just as expensive?

i also have only one key for my mk 2 focus tho its not the flip one would this be just as expensive?

when I had mine done the none flip key was £15 cheaper.

Damn thats expensive! I might give them a ring later and see what they quote me, cheers for the input guys :)

I've recently been quoted £40 for a "standard" key and £100 for a remote locking/programmed key by my local Ford dealer. Oh and then they add an £80 coding charge for the £100 key!

I've recently been quoted £40 for a "standard" key and £100 for a remote locking/programmed key by my local Ford dealer. Oh and then they add an £80 coding charge for the £100 key!

as ,long as you have 2 original coded keys you can code it youreself all you need is a blank from eBay and get it cut

If you only have 1 working key I can supply another working key for £50 and a remote key for £110.

thought I would finish this thread off, finally got a new flip-key from ford £194.85

WOAH lol :P

thought I would finish this thread off, finally got a new flip-key from ford £194.85

WOAH lol :P

ouch <_<

Timpsons - the key and shoe repair place do car keys. just got 2x 3 button remote keys (i supplied), new chips fitted and programmed for £100.

If you are going to buy keys from eBay or the likes you might need to change the chips as there are different types

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club