Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puma spare wheel.

1 hour ago, OldblokeNewcar said:

My car is an ST Line X Vignale.

Then you are out of luck. Ford do not make a space saver wheel that would fit your car and also fit in the box. So it looks like a can of squirty cream for you 🤣

A space saver wheel will probably fit on the rear, especially if with drum rear brakes, then move the rear road wheel to the front if a front puncture. 
may get you out of trouble but not ideal.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RL123 said:

A space saver wheel will probably fit on the rear, especially if with drum rear brakes, then move the rear road wheel to the front if a front puncture.

A very good point Roger. 👍

The correct procedure is as you say to fit the space saver on the rear and put the full size wheel on the front. I hadn't thought about the fact it may well have rear drum brakes (don't you just love Ford's cost cutting ?)

Hold that can of squirty cream for just now 🤣

The squirty stuff usually makes the tyre unrepairable and you have to renew the squirty as well.  If slow puncture, inflate without the glue and down to the tyre shop.

Iv’e just bought the 18” 125/60/18 for our ruby edition, haven’t tried fitting yet.

Just an update, the 125/60/18 wheel and tyre will only fit in the megabox lifted front or back. Will not lie flat. I’m not happy I can adequately secure it especially if tail ended.

I’ll try returning it as they assured me it would fit.

4 hours ago, RL123 said:

Just an update, the 125/60/18 wheel and tyre will only fit in the megabox lifted front or back.

That's a larger size than the one Ford list in the handbook.

Ford say the wheel size is

On 8/18/2023 at 11:46 AM, unofix said:

Checking the Puma 2023 Ford Owners Handbook it does list a spare wheel (if fitted as an option - but not for the ST). Seems Ford have gone for an even smaller size than the one I'd calculated.

puma 2023.JPG

Although I think that you could also fit a 125/80/16 or 125/70/17 in the box lying flat.

Thanks Unofix, the larger discs and callipers preclude the use of the spacesaver on the ST.

Have just concluded Ford size 125/70/16 or a 125/60/17 may be the answer for me.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 10:44 PM, unofix said:

Then you are out of luck. Ford do not make a space saver wheel that would fit your car and also fit in the box. So it looks like a can of squirty cream for you 🤣

Why won't it fit, brake sizes are the same across the range apart from the ST which has bigger discs and calipers, as mentioned earlier in this thread the correct size for the space saver is 125/70/16

18 hours ago, RL123 said:

Thanks Unofix, the larger discs and callipers preclude the use of the spacesaver on the ST.

Have just concluded Ford size 125/70/16 or a 125/60/17 may be the answer for me.

Absolutely spot on both dimensions are the same.

Screenshot_20230827_132805_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230827_132741_Chrome.jpg

Also I don't know if people are getting confused with ST line, ST line X and ST.

ST is the 200bhp high performance models whereas the ST line and ST line X is just a trim variation.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RL123 said:

Just an update, the 125/60/18 wheel and tyre will only fit in the megabox lifted front or back.

And it's different to the 125/80x16 Unofix originally suggested earlier in the thread.

Just to update, the 18” with the 60 profile and the 17” with the 70 profile (aspect ratio) will only lie flat in the megabox if you space it off the floor by 2-3 inches due to the taper on the megabox walls.

The Ford 125 70 r16 is 1” less in diameter so should not have any issues appart from securing in the megabox. (Check calliper clearance though)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories