Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Change Help

mitch84

hi

i would like to change my headlights in my mk7 zetec ive already changed the indicators to the philips silver visions but i would now like to change the sidelights and dipped beam?

ive read threw the sticky guide but im still a little confused , should i need to change the fullbeam as well H1 ??? is this a entire different light from the dipped beam ?

thanks

if you look at the car head on... for instance the left light, the circle in the top left is the dipped beam behind that case, and the open bulb you can see more central just above the sidelight led is your full beam... they easy to change if i being honest, if you just take the headlight out (which i presume you can from changing the indicators) behind the plastic caps you should se the rear casing for the bulbs, just twist them and pull.. then the bulb comes out and swap them over :)

but to answer what you ask, i would change them so get h1's and h7's and a set of 501 leds... i had jst the dipped beam and when you turn on full beam it looks stupid!!!

if you look at the car head on... for instance the left light, the circle in the top left is the dipped beam behind that case, and the open bulb you can see more central just above the sidelight led is your full beam... they easy to change if i being honest, if you just take the headlight out (which i presume you can from changing the indicators) behind the plastic caps you should se the rear casing for the bulbs, just twist them and pull.. then the bulb comes out and swap them over :)

but to answer what you ask, i would change them so get h1's and h7's and a set of 501 leds... i had jst the dipped beam and when you turn on full beam it looks stupid!!!

thanks would the bluevision standard be ok as the led's are more expensive?

also what is the very top light in the headlight its like a glass globe , is this the dipped beam and the sidlight and full beam are the lights below this?

thanks

this aint awesome like but i think it shows....

Picture2.png

quick wack up on word lol hope it helps!

thats a nice car B) thanks for the pic nico

hi again

im about to get the following lights , can someone please check these are the correct lights that i need and also if they are 100% road legal in th UK ,on powerbulbs it does state they are but i just want confirmation?

full beam Philips Blue Vision H1 4000K Xenon/HID effect

dipped beam Philips Blue Vision H7 4000K Xenon/HID effect

sidelights Philips Blue Vision W5W

thanks

p.s can anyone recommend a better set of bulbs that have a more blue tint or would these be fine?

http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=25 fully road legal (H7)

http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=13 fully road legal (H1)

http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=31 fully road legal (w5w)

Iam not afiliated with carbulbs direct it is where i got my bulbs from

I chose Philips x-treme power H7 and X-treme power H1 and i got a packet of free w5w philips premium bulbs with my order.

I also found a voucher code the total bill was £50 but i got them for £35 in total.

Jamie

http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=25 fully road legal (H7)

http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=13 fully road legal (H1)

http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=31 fully road legal (w5w)

Iam not afiliated with carbulbs direct it is where i got my bulbs from

I chose Philips x-treme power H7 and X-treme power H1 and i got a packet of free w5w philips premium bulbs with my order.

I also found a voucher code the total bill was £50 but i got them for £35 in total.

Jamie

cheers i may just get the bluevisions what are the extreme power bulbs like are they also blue tinted or just a stronger light?

cheers i may just get the bluevisions what are the extreme power bulbs like are they also blue tinted or just a stronger light?

i may get this would this work?

philips bluevision h7

philips extreme power h1

philips bluevision sidelights

Nico, do you ever get to drive the Jag? :)

in a rare case yeah ;) only down our private road but it scares the livin poopie out of me!

Not too keen on the red dmb Nico <_<

not many people are! but yet sme ppl love it... its weird lol... keeps with my red and black theme :) all good lol i was dodgy about gettin them but looks alright i think

i may get this would this work?

philips bluevision h7

philips extreme power h1

philips bluevision sidelights

Blue tinting on bulbs drops the light output to about the +30% xtra level, just to look the business. Well-heeled punters put their money on PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs, genuine Jap. top grade xenon enhanced hot running filaments, putting out twice the halogen regular spec., and at 4300 deg colour temperature, which is what the Beemers with legal Xenon burners are running. I.E., no silly blue colour on the glass. They give a bit of blue accidentally, by refraction at the edge of their projector lenses. It goes away when you are straight on to their beam.

There has recently been a developement in the Osram/Philips standard Zenon Burner, that has raised the colour temp/ to 5000 deg Kelvin, but the snipet in Autoexpress gave no more detail.

Blue tinting on bulbs drops the light output to about the +30% xtra level, just to look the business. Well-heeled punters put their money on PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs, genuine Jap. top grade xenon enhanced hot running filaments, putting out twice the halogen regular spec., and at 4300 deg colour temperature, which is what the Beemers with legal Xenon burners are running. I.E., no silly blue colour on the glass. They give a bit of blue accidentally, by refraction at the edge of their projector lenses. It goes away when you are straight on to their beam.

There has recently been a developement in the Osram/Philips standard Zenon Burner, that has raised the colour temp/ to 5000 deg Kelvin, but the snipet in Autoexpress gave no more detail.

got the philips bluvisions yesterday but i got the x-treme power for the full beams ,may get time to fit them this weekend if its not raining :rolleyes:

Hi

Take the headlights out (5 minutes)

Then take them inside and change them like i did no need to get wet.

Jamie

Hi

Take the headlights out (5 minutes)

Then take them inside and change them like i did no need to get wet.

Jamie

good thinking but should i cover the headlight gap with something if its raining or would it be ok if it gets wet inside??

thanks

Hi

I left mine uncovered when it was raining.

Just close the bonnet if it is a downpour.

Cars get wet under the bonnet anyway.

Jamie

Hi

I left mine uncovered when it was raining.

Just close the bonnet if it is a downpour.

Cars get wet under the bonnet anyway.

Jamie

thanks jamie

thanks jamie

changed my lights yesterday , very pleased with the results.

Ive now changed the following-

front and rear indicators - philips silvervisions

front sidelights - philips bluevision W5W

dipped beam - Philips Blue Vision H7

full beam - Philips X-Treme Power H1

Not tested on the roads yet but i switched them on last night and they are much more white than before and a lot brighter, look foward to testing the full beams on some country lanes

hi again

What setting does everyone have there dipped beam angle at ?

Ive got mine on the lowest which i think is 4 on the switch just where the lights are, just wondered really as although i would proberly prefer it higher i dont want to dazzle other drivers.

thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club