Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faded Indicators

reprised

Hi all,

This is my first post and would just like to get some advice regarding the indicators on my focus. When I took my car in for its 3rd service I was advised that the rear indicators were showing white. I was quoted about 30 quid :blink: to fix this but I decided I can check them myself. I had a look and they look yellow enough to me however to be on the safe side I'll change them before the MOT comes around. Is fading of indicators covered under warranty (I've got a couple of months left)? I know it's not a big deal but surely they should last longer than a couple of years?

Also how do you get access to the rear light clusters on a Focus (07) as I don't have the manual to hand.

Thanks

The indicators are shining white because the orange paint on the bulbs has worn off. bulbs are classed as replacable comsumables so are not covered under warranty. You can buy orange indicator bulbs from Halfords (most modern cars use them), just remember to get the ones with offset pins. You could treat the car to a set of the silver bulbs that light up orange but don't give that horrible "fried egg" reflection.

The rear lights are easy to remove:

* Open the hatch.

* Undo the two screws along the side of the light in the shut.

* Pull the light firmly upwards and it will unclip.

* Turn it over and twist the light holder out.

* Replace the bulb.

* Refitting is opposite of removal.

Make sure sure you seat the light properly to avoid water ingress.

Simples!!!!!!!!!!

The indicators are shining white because the orange paint on the bulbs has worn off. Bulbs are classed as replacable comsumables so are not covered under warranty. You can buy orange indicator bulbs from Halfords (most modern cars use them), just remember to get the ones with offset pins. You could treat the car to a set of the silver bulbs that light up orange but don't give that horrible "fried egg" reflection.

The rear lights are easy to remove:

* Open the hatch.

* Undo the two screws along the side of the light in the shut.

* Pull the light firmly upwards and it will unclip.

* Turn it over and twist the light holder out.

* Replace the bulb.

* Refitting is opposite of removal.

Make sure sure you seat the light properly to avoid water ingress.

Simples!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Nigel. What do you mean 'offset pins'?

the pins are the little pins at the base of the bulb used to place into the connector and twist into position.

There are 2 types of pin arrangement:

Opposite pins: Pins are opposite each other surprisingly enough! (Eg. at quarter-to-3 position)

Offset pins: Pins are offset to each other (Eg. at 10-to-2 position)

Offset pins indicate an orange bulb as a standard fitment.

Opposite pins indicate a clear bulb as standard (orange needed for aftermarket lights).

You can get orange bulbs in either pin arrangement.

Clear bulbs only come with pins opposite so you cannot fit them in lights with clear lenses (that need orange bulbs).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club