Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Dashboard Secret (Trick)

Matt_focus_zetec

Hi. Does anyone know when the fault codes show up in the dash when doing this test? At what point do they show up? And does anyone have a fault code description. Any help would be great.

the fault code is an easy spot. not sure what number in the secuence it is but they show like this..... 0001 that would mean you have one fault code the very next screan will flash between "DTC" and the fault code itself. the code will be 4 digits long. if you post your fault code/codes on here i will tell you what they mean

• 3 weeks later...

the fault code is an easy spot. not sure what number in the secuence it is but they show like this..... 0001 that would mean you have one fault code the very next screan will flash between "DTC" and the fault code itself. the code will be 4 digits long. if you post your fault code/codes on here i will tell you what they mean

i have got code D041 and D123 plus i'm having problems with my speedo dropping to 0 and straight back again or staying at zero for a awhile before going back to correct speed no other gauges are affected could this be the VSS?

Yes, very likely.

For the price of one and a new seating pin off eBay and an hour wriggling the old one out, you'd just as well do it.

Dealers / garages will charge the earth for that job.

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

For DTC help please find the following link

http://www.eobd2.eu/DTCL.asp

select FORD, then enter your DTC code. Should be one letter followed by 4 numbers, however your dash may not show the proper code.

For instance if the code shown is P117, enter it as P0117 and it will give you what the error is. P0117 is Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input.

Hi

I think I have a cooling problem with my 2003 Focus 2.0 Ghia Estate. Using this test menu on my car there are 2 temperature parameters. The first one is in the format XXXXC and the second one is XXXX.C.

The first one is as low as -4C when the engine is cold and raises up to about 85C, at which point i bottle it and turn off engine as it seems much hotter than this and the other week had steam coming from under the bonnet! In normal free-flowing driving it varies from 65-81C. This doesn't seem right. The gauge will register halfway when the temp reaches 80, but below this moves down to below a quarter as the temp falls down to 65C. When the the steam was escaping the guage was normal with no fan cutting in. If on tickover the temp will keep rising to 80ish (then I turn off), but will fall if A/C is turned on.

The second temp seems higher - 20.C when cold and rises to 99.C, however the number is sometime not displayed correctly for example it may go 073.C then 07C.C etc. Also when it goes above 99.C it change to letter such as A0A7.C. If this should be 101.C for example and I wonder if that is why the fans will not cut in.

Can anyone offer any insight into what the two temps refer to and why the second one is not always displayed numerically and whether this might be what is affecting the guage and the lack of cooling fans. Both these guages track each other, when the first one goes above 80C the second one passes 99.C and change to numbers, if the first one cools to the 60s then the second one cool to the 80s. they also both seem to be able to drop by 15/20 degree in only a few seconds - this seem unlikley to me.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

You can't.

The engine needs to be running for the sensors to be active.

Only way with the engine off is via OBD with ignition at second notch.

You can access test mode with the engine off (or at least I can on my car) but as Clive said, the sensors wont be reporting as active.

The OBDII / EOBD Code reader should be fine.

got car running now put in OBDII / EOBD Code reader it reads the third of the way and says waiting for car to respond ten minuites later it is still in the sAME PLACE put on a renault megane it works fine thanks for your help peter

could be you have the OBDI protocol and not the OBDII so it cant communicate properly...

I have a OBD11/EOBD CODE READER model vs8 700 it says in manual (the VS8 7000 OBD11/EOBD code reader is specially designed to work with all EOBD complient veichles including those equipped with the next generation protocall controlled area network ( CAN ) thx peter I have just tryed it on my daughters ford fiesta 04 and worked perfectly

Yeah, EOBD is the standard from 2004 onwards. its the OBDII protocol's alias. Because it wasnt standard until 2003 for petrol and 2004 for diesel, all cars manufactured before that time, have a chance that they are OBDII standard supporting CAN bus, but the older cards that do have OBD are OBDI compliant not the OBDII standard.

I've just done it on my c-max. I've got dtc code d900

Any ideas?

Focus C-Max 2004 1.6 TDCI Zetec

D900 is a general Can Bus Communication Failure.

its basically where some one sensor or wiring short means that something isnt happy. I am working to narrow down the issue on my car...

My reverse lights don't work so do you think it could mean the switch on the gearbox maybe?

Its a good place to look, but its unlikely. Mine seems to be associated with he double locking.

Thanks for the reply. That's just something to add to the todo list :/

If I sit in the car and wait for 15 minutes or so (I was on the phone at the time, I wasnt just sitting there waiting :p) then the instrument cluster goes off, however, when I lock the car (certainly double lock then the instrument cluster stays on 24/7

• 1 month later...

Good evening all,

I have a 2005 focus 2.0 tdci titanium. i dont have the trip reset button on my dash. is there anyway i can access this please?

looking to do the cruise control modification and wondering if i have the light on my dash?

Many thanks is advance

Rob

Press and hold the button on the end of the indicator stalk.

Hi Clive tried it this morning an it just reset my trip meter. I used the same trick on my mk3 mondeo but can't seem to do it. Don't seem to have the same dash as the other pics seen on this forum. Please forgive the idiot

Thanks

Rob

Did you start the engine at the same time?

Press and hold the button and turn the key.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club