Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Dashboard Secret (Trick)

Matt_focus_zetec

Yes that's exactly what I did. But it just beeped and reset my trip counter and started as normal.

Is there a length of time I'm sposed to hold the reset button for?

Thank you for this mate

Keep holding after starting, the first action of the test will be a dial needle sweep and full dash light illumination.

Further presses after this will cycle through further test phases.

I recommend photographing every test message on the screen so you don't miss any data.

Just managed it mate. Forgive the idiot. Don't think I was holding long enough. Many thanks Stoney

• 1 year later...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok this is my video (done last night) ;) I used this to monitor the battery voltage on my Kuga (when the alternator was starting to fail). I wish that Ford would allow us to set the gauge sweep (Lexus style) from the menu.

Come on Ford how hard could it be PLEASE B)

• 2 weeks later...

While I have a 2011 1.2 fiesta and when it starts up the tachometer and the speedo meter stick or wobble for a few seconds is this normal in cold weather or is it the start of a bad battery or something , the car runs fine apart from this .

Kind regards

Cliff.

Can anyone help me?

i just did this on my LX mk2 TDCi.

I got D900 - no idea what that is - cant find anything for that or for D0900

and 9600 - 9600 PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal is Not Received - which i guess would be to do with the key? I only have one key and the battery dosent work in it - so i guess thats nothing to worry about? right? ha!?

D900 is actually a pretty common one

It doesn't necessarily mean that there is a fault - just that there was a break in communication in the CANBUS Network.

Has your car battery been flat? Car jump started? These can both cause it.

Clear the code and you should be ok on that one.

S

DTC 9600 could be as you suspect

• Like 1

Ah yeah cheers for that. Its had a new battery! Awesome to know that there aren't anymore fault codes on the car!

Sweet!

Awesome trick to share and know how to do - i might do this when i buy other fords in the future ha!

• 11 months later...

I know this may appear too simple a solution. I had the exact same problem with my tacho needle, then the fuel gauge. Start up, and both would wait a couple of seconds before moving.  Then, my battery completely died.

The first thing my mechanic tried was a fully-charged replacement battery. Start up, and everything moved immediately. Now put a completely new battery in and no problems any more.

• 10 months later...

Is the coolant temperature supposed to be accurate? I'm assuming that as it's given in Celsius that it should be. Mine is reading 49 with the engine cold and the outside temperature is about 9. If I subract 40 from the readings it seems to agree with the temperature guage while the engine is running.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know what all the DEC codes are on the instalment cluster on a 2004 Ford Focus?

• 2 years later...

Focus Mk 4.5 DASHBOARD HIDDEN MENU

1. Driver door open.

2. Hold OK and MENU on steering wheel (right).

3. Turn on power (no need to start).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club