Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone And Fiesta Problems After Os 4.0 Upgrade

benholden2008

When ever I got a phone call in my fiesta it would ring through the Speakers with the cars ringtone, now since upgrading my iPhone to os 4.0 it plays the phone ringtone through the Speakers, really annoying as I liked the old 'ring ring' tone that I imagine every fiesta has. Anyone else experienced this?

Have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.2, an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1 and an iPhone 3G running 4.0.1, they all work perfectly with my Fiesta bluetooth and my Falcon Ute bluetooth :)

My phones stil have their ringtone that rings, and the car has it's own 'ring ring' theme that plays at the same time.

Wonder why my phone ringtones coming through the car Speakers then? Mine used to do exactly what yours are doing now before the update, will have to play about and try figure it out,

Thanks

Hmm, well I changed my 3GS to an iPhone 4 the other week so will test it for you as I don't think I've had a call in my car yet. I've got a music ringtone I brought so it's in no way standard. Otherwise all I can think is to delete the connection in both the car stereo and your iPhone, restart your iPhone and set the connection up again.

When ever I got a phone call in my fiesta it would ring through the speakers with the cars ringtone, now since upgrading my iPhone to os 4.0 it plays the phone ringtone through the speakers, really annoying as I liked the old 'ring ring' tone that I imagine every fiesta has. Anyone else experienced this?

Well, I tested it earlier and with my iPhone 4 running 4.02, the bluetooth is much better and faster at connecting and the iPod no longer starts to play either WOOOHHOOOO at long last........... but I get the same as you, the car's ring tone is now the same as the phones which for me is evacuate teh dance floor haha! I can't see anyway to change it back?

tried everything. Deleted the phone stored in the car then connected again still did it. connected my girlfriends sony ericsson and that rang but played the car ringtone (what my iPhone used to do). so that ruled out the posibility that it was the car at fault. Anyway got hold of my friends iPhone 4, connected it up to the car and sure enought it rang through the Speakers with the phones ringtone just like mine was doing. So all i am think of is that its something to do with the software upgrade on iphones. if anyone figures out a way around this please let me know...

Thanks

Ironically it means your phone is now more compatible with the Fiesta - the standard car ringtone only plays if the car can't access the phone's one.

My old Sony Ericsson didn't send its ringtone to the car, but my new Nokia does.

Can you apply different profiles on your phone and get one of them to activate when the phone connects to the car, then change the ringtone on that profile to a 'ring ring' tone?

Ironically it means your phone is now more compatible with the Fiesta - the standard car ringtone only plays if the car can't access the phone's one.

My old Sony Ericsson didn't send its ringtone to the car, but my new Nokia does.

Can you apply different profiles on your phone and get one of them to activate when the phone connects to the car, then change the ringtone on that profile to a 'ring ring' tone?

haha, typical Apple takes a while to catch up with everyone else. At least they have listened to us all shouting for the features we have now. But as to profiles, nope. Apple still think these are too complicated for you.. I'm just really thankfull we no longer have the iPod open and start playing whenever it connects to my car.