Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Boot Wont Open

jaf

Key fob and internal button wont open boot :angry: on Mondeo estate 2004 auto TCDI zetec, only got car today :rolleyes: and it was working when i looked at it now cant open it at all. Is there any fuse i should look at ? have read owners man did not help at all need help Please :unsure:

its common for the lock mechanisum to fail on the estate,but without testing for power to the lock ect its hard to say,is there not a manual release button under the tailgate lifter,above the numberplate.

its common for the lock mechanisum to fail on the estate,but without testing for power to the lock ect its hard to say,is there not a manual release button under the tailgate lifter,above the numberplate.

thanks but cant test lock mechanism until boot is open and i cant do that so i seem to be stuck any ideas how to open boot so i can test?

Hi

Get into the trunk via the rear seat. Remove the panel on the tailgate. Pull the cable that the 'electrics' would have pulled to release the lock. Put up a photo of the electrics and the lock.

thanks for all the help but have tested lock and no power to it :( solenoid works with direct power :) . gone through self test and get ER0108 code :angry: any more help would be great if you have any ideas :rolleyes:

thanks for all the help but have tested lock and no power to it :( solenoid works with direct power :) . gone through self test and get ER0108 code :angry: any more help would be great if you have any ideas :rolleyes:

Hi

Seems like a central locking issue.

Try a different central locking key fob.

Try disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes to reset the alarm/central locking system.

tried disconecing battery no joy :( will have to bite bullet and contact ford dealer on tuesday :o Need to get it sorted not sue its the fob as the internal boot release wont work as well, cant c how key fob affects that ? :huh:

have you checked for any damaged wires at the tailgate hinge?

yes looked at all the wires and can see no physical damage sprayed all contacts with wd40 still now power getting to it :unsure:

Well thanks for all your help Auto electrician came out today and solved the problem, It was the Private lock Shorting ( thats the lock between number plate lights) disconnect that and it open by switch in car need to get new one fit it and then key fob should work took him 2 hours to find fault but at least its sorted :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club