Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Zetec Only 1 Key!

jjw

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I am due to pick up a car tomorrow which I have left a deposit to buy. I have now discovered the vehicle only has one key as the previous owner can't find the other key. The car is a ford fiesta zetec on an 03 plate. It has central locking but no remote central locking. I wondered if I will be able to get another key cut? I've heard people talking about only being able to get a key cut which works the immobiliser, if you have two keys, is that correct?

Any help asap would be appreciated!

Cant be of much help apart from that I believe that it is around £100 to get a key cut. Try to get some money knocked off?

gazjs is right,

from our dealership you would be looking at £17 plus vat for the key and the another £75 plus vat to code it to the car

My car also only came with one key. I just know to pick up something heavy and aim it at the rear window.

My car also only came with one key. I just know to pick up something heavy and aim it at the rear window.

:lol:

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I am due to pick up a car tomorrow which I have left a deposit to buy. I have now discovered the vehicle only has one key as the previous owner can't find the other key. The car is a ford fiesta zetec on an 03 plate. It has central locking but no remote central locking. I wondered if I will be able to get another key cut? I've heard people talking about only being able to get a key cut which works the immobiliser, if you have two keys, is that correct?

You would have to have the key coded I believe and it can be pricey. Have a check and see if it would be cheaper to change the locks/barrels.

Heff

Why can't all keys be like when i had my 1992 clio you could go to any key cutting shop get the key cut for like £3 and it will start the car staright away :lol:

You can go to the dealer and pay approx £120 for a working key or £190 for a working key with remote.

We, as do others charge about £50 or £110 with remote. You dont have to go to the dealer.

Our 1998 Rover 216 SLi only came with one ignition key, simple solution - DON'T LOOSE THE KEY! :lol:

i personally wouldent want the worry of loosing the only key, however i just brought a new flip-key from my dealer and it was £194.85 :blink: the dealer can program a new key with only one available no trouble, its gunna cost ya though :P