Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Replacement 2.0 Tdci

monbenkey

Hi.I am soon to have the pleasure of replacing the clutch on my fathers 2006 2.0 TDCI. Can anybody tell me of any problems i may encounter or things i should be aware of during the job.I have replaced many clutch assemblies before but never on this model, and i would just like to make sure i do not encounter any major problems if possible.Any help appreciated, cheers.Oh by the way the clutch is slipping in 3rd gear upwards.

best thing to do is replace clutch kit including slave cylinder which is mounted inside the gearbox and also the dual mass flywheel. that way if any of these components fail later, you will have to do the job again. the subframe has to come out to remove the gearbox, so extensive support for the engine is necessary. a pit would help tremendously but not necessary though it does make the job infinitely easier and quicker!

best thing to do is replace clutch kit including slave cylinder which is mounted inside the gearbox and also the dual mass flywheel. that way if any of these components fail later, you will have to do the job again. the subframe has to come out to remove the gearbox, so extensive support for the engine is necessary. a pit would help tremendously but not necessary though it does make the job infinitely easier and quicker!

I have access to a vehicle lift so that should help.Apart from the tools for the job are there any other difficulties.I can remember a friend who had a jaguar with this engine and gear box and he struggled with removing drive shaft?

the driveshafts must be kept as straight as possible to prevent damage and also the cv jointmust not be removed from the driveshaft as it is a press fit.apart from that there seems to be a lot of component removal to create room for access to remove driveshafts

• 2 weeks later...

hi there i have done many a mondeo clutch they are not that difficult but you can have problems removing the passenger side driveshaft

hi there i have done many a mondeo clutch they are not that difficult but you can have problems removing the passenger side driveshaft

It's a bit tight getting a chisel in to knock the n/s shaft out but it just needs a bit of patience. I only remove the subframe bolts on the n/s and just drop it down a couple of inches (but then I'm usually working on the floor). Once you've taken of the gearchange cables remove the selector unit (6screws) from the box, it gives you much more room. Makes sure you put a rag in the hole though so that you don't drop any bolts in!

• 2 weeks later...

i just replaced my clutch including changing from dual mass flywheel to a solid flywheel but there seems to be a lot of noise now should i have kept to the dual mass one and can anyone fit it for me for a good price i will get the part

i just replaced my clutch including changing from dual mass flywheel to a solid flywheel but there seems to be a lot of noise now should i have kept to the dual mass one and can anyone fit it for me for a good price i will get the part

I've never actually fitted a solid kit to a Modeo (done lots of transits with similar gearbox) but have used them on peugeots, renaults etc. with no problem. Was it a proper matched kit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club