Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre And Brake Wear

Dougal

Hi Guys

What are peoples thoughts on the wear of 16" tyres and the front pads on the 1.6TDCi Mk7?

My tyres are now way down and need replacing at 13,500 miles. With normal driving I was expecting a little more to be honest.

My breaks also seem a little spongy and grindy, and the ABS is kicking in when I wouldn't expect it, so I am assuming the the pads are worn. I want to chnage these before they affect the discs.

Am I right to expect more mileage out of tyres and pads?

All opinions welcome :)

Hi

I doubt it very very much that the brake pads need replacing at this low mileage unless you drive with your foot on the brake.

Tyres do not wear well on these Fiestas from my experiance.

Expect fronts to last a max of 15k. My front tyres are down to 4mm at 8000 miles.

Jamie

Tyres do not wear well on these Fiestas from my experiance.

That doesn't sound good :( On my mk6.5 I got 19,500 out of my front set of tyres and still had 3mm left.

Had my mk7 a month now, done 1,900 and tyres looking ok so far.

Hi All, I have 17's on my ZS Tdci and managed to get 21000 out of the fronts (mainly motorway) . Had trouble sourcing replacement Bridgestones so went for Yokohama's which seem to be wearing well in the first 8000 miles, also half the price!

I have a 58 reg Zetec S on 17" wheels, currently on 42,000 miles, and am on my third set of front tyres, second set of rear tyres and second set of brake pads!

Thanks for the replies guys. The general consensus would appear that tyres do not last too well. When I drop it in for the brakes to be looked at I will mention the poor tyre wear, but I doubt I will get any positive response (wear and tear, sir). There is also a strange squeak from the near side when pulling away from junctions. It sounds more like the suspension than the brakes though.

This Mk7 has been disappointing, as its been in for all sorts. I thought I had problems with my Alfa!! What to buy next in 18 months?

There is also a strange squeak from the near side when pulling away from junctions. It sounds more like the suspension than the brakes though.

Sounds alot like something my car started doing the other day, only seems to happen at low speeds (slow corners, or pulling away) when the steering is at a reasonable angle of lock. Plan to get mine checked at it's first service.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club