Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With My Radiator Fan Switch Please

jamdodge

hey guys new to the site..

just bought a mk1 focus 1.8 zetec and im having trouble with the radiator sensor.

post-16295-128361540844_thumb.jpg

i bought the car with the coolant temperature sensor strapped to the battery casing. the guy i bought it off has the radiator fan wired up beside the fusebox and he has just been piggy backing the wire off a relay as and when he needs the fan. i hav checked down the side of the radiator and i cant see anywhere for this plug to go. i see on the top of the thermostat housing there is a blank on the housing where i think the sensor should be.

so either this guy has replaced the radiator (but it looks original) or he has replaced the thermostat housing and has bought the wrong type which doesnt support this sensor

the part number of the sensor is 92AB8B607-AA

i have been to the breakers and seen a few mondeo engines that house the sensor in the thermo housing but the sensor they hav on the housing is a lot smaller than my sensor(my sensor is an m22 thread)

i hav attached pic of the sensor for u all to see. my angine is a 1.8zetec mk1 focus.

i would appreciate it if anybody could shed any light on this as i dont kno whether to replace the thermo housing or to replace the radiator. i hope one of u guys can provide me with som answers.

thanks for looking guys.

• 6 months later...

hey guys new to the site..

just bought a mk1 focus 1.8 zetec and im having trouble with the radiator sensor.

post-16295-128361540844_thumb.jpg

i bought the car with the coolant temperature sensor strapped to the battery casing. the guy i bought it off has the radiator fan wired up beside the fusebox and he has just been piggy backing the wire off a relay as and when he needs the fan. i hav checked down the side of the radiator and i cant see anywhere for this plug to go. i see on the top of the thermostat housing there is a blank on the housing where i think the sensor should be.

so either this guy has replaced the radiator (but it looks original) or he has replaced the thermostat housing and has bought the wrong type which doesnt support this sensor

the part number of the sensor is 92AB8B607-AA

i have been to the breakers and seen a few mondeo engines that house the sensor in the thermo housing but the sensor they hav on the housing is a lot smaller than my sensor(my sensor is an m22 thread)

i hav attached pic of the sensor for u all to see. my angine is a 1.8zetec mk1 focus.

i would appreciate it if anybody could shed any light on this as i dont kno whether to replace the thermo housing or to replace the radiator. i hope one of u guys can provide me with som answers.

thanks for looking guys.

Hi did you find why your fan switch was hanging loose? I found exactly the same thing as you when i bought my focus, i have also been to a breakers looking at other cars, sadly i couldnt find same as ours, the 1.6 has the sensor in the housing like you said, but actually i think that is a temp sender as the wires are very narrow and the fan switch requires much bigger diameter wires, as the current load is very high. Im still stumped on this, i have not put mine on the road yet,and i have not tried to get it hot to see if the fan works but it does when i unplug it and bridge the connector, both fans come on. let me know please, regards Gary.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club