Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 1.25 Fuel Sender Replacement

dave1965

I need to replace the fuels sender and pump on my 1.25 and have gained access to the sender from underneather the rear seat, so far I have disconnected the elecrtical connection but I do not seem to be able to disconnect the 2 fuel hoses, they are connected to the sender by 2 right angle plastic connectors one red and one white. I have tried to just pull them out but they will not come, am I just not pulling hard enough or is there something im missing. I cant actually remove the sender until I get the hoses off so im not able to look at where they connect uner the top of the sender.

Hope someone has done this and can give me so ideas.

I need to replace the fuels sender and pump on my 1.25 and have gained access to the sender from underneather the rear seat, so far I have disconnected the elecrtical connection but I do not seem to be able to disconnect the 2 fuel hoses, they are connected to the sender by 2 right angle plastic connectors one red and one white. I have tried to just pull them out but they will not come, am I just not pulling hard enough or is there something im missing. I cant actually remove the sender until I get the hoses off so im not able to look at where they connect uner the top of the sender.

Hope someone has done this and can give me so ideas.

do the hoses have little plastic tabs near the ends? they will need pushing in

do the hoses have little plastic tabs near the ends? they will need pushing in

There is what seems like a cap that was on the bottom of the connection that has clips on it but it had no connection to that actual hose connector going into the sender,it looks like a dust cap arrangement,in the end I had to break it off so I could see the connection better but as I said it did nothing to the actual connector

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31305144@N08/4963043197/

Ok all sorted, yes the tabs did need pushing in and the hose just pulls out with a bit of a wiggle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club