Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Music Not Working ?, How To Add Files ?

182_blue

As title, it worked with the old USB stick then one day it just didnt work, tried the USB stick in different pc's and it would not work in those either so thinking its the USB at fault i buy a new USB stick then add music to it, wife tests it today on way to work and it doesnt work either, strange though as it worked on my PC ?, she says it just says line active ?, so question is do i have to put files in folders ?, or is it ok just to put them on the USB stick ?, also what format should they be in and what files system should i use ? (i.e FAT etc)

thanks in advance

if this is what I think it is, it is dead easy to fix. Just press Aux button again. 'Line In Active' means the Auxillary setting is set to play from the Ipod line in port rather than the USB port.

Although thinking about it again it could just not be picking up the USB stick which is why it is defaulting to that.

The files should be .mp3, as for the file format not sure what is recommended but the ones I have used I have just plugged in and they have worked.

From the manual:

Information on audio file structures for external devices

USB

Create only a single partition on the USB device.

If playlists are created, they must contain correct file paths referenced to the USB device. It is recommended to create the playlist after the audio files have been transferred to the USB device.

Playlists must be created in .m3u format.

Audio files must be in .mp3 format.

Do not exceed the following limits:

• 1000 items per folder (files, folders and playlists)

• 5000 folders per USB device (including playlists)

• 8 subfolder levels.

Connectivity

To enable voice control for custom playlists and folders, follow the procedure below:

• Create folders named with the structure "Ford<*>" where <*> is a number 1-10. For example "Ford3" without an extension.

• Create playlists named with the structure "Ford<*>.m3u" where <*> is a number 1-10. For example "Ford5.m3u" without any space between "Ford" and the number.

Thereafter, custom folders and playlists will be selectable with voice control. See Audio unit commands (page 183).

USING A USB DEVICE

Operation

Select the USB device as the audio source by repeatedly pressing the AUX button until the USB screen appears in the display. After first connecting the USB device, the first track within the first folder will start to play automatically.

Subsequently, following audio source switching, the position of playback on the

USB device is remembered.

To browse the device contents, press the up/down arrow key or the OK button

once.

Connectivity

The display will show the track information, together with other important

information described below:

• A vertical scroll bar on the right side of the display shows the current position

of the folder view.

• ">" after an entry indicates a further level down is readable (for example a

folder named after an album, with individual album tracks within that folder).

• "<" before the list indicates that a further level up is readable.

• Icons to the left of track/folder text indicate the type of file/folder. Refer

to the list for an explanation of these icons.

To navigate the USB device contents, use the up/down arrow keys to scroll through lists, and the left/right keys to move up or down within the folder hierarchy. Once your desired track, playlist or folder is highlighted, press the OK button to select playback.

Note: If you wish to jump to the top level of the USB device contents, press and

hold the left arrow key.

Audio control

Press the seek up and down keys to skip backwards and forwards through tracks.

Press and hold the seek keys to enable fast rewind/fast forward through track

content.

Use the function buttons to enable shuffle, repeat and scan with respect to the whole device, folders and playlists.

Press the INFO button or function button 4 to display the following:

• title

• artist

• album

• folder name

• file name.

if this is what I think it is, it is dead easy to fix. Just press Aux button again. 'Line In Active' means the Auxillary setting is set to play from the Ipod line in port rather than the USB port.

Although thinking about it again it could just not be picking up the USB stick which is why it is defaulting to that.

The files should be .mp3, as for the file format not sure what is recommended but the ones I have used I have just plugged in and they have worked.

ok, when she gets back i will give this a try :-) , thx

• 9 years later...

On my Fiesta Titanium  I am able to play music via a USB stick however, during play I am getting radio announcements, pressing the TA button stops them for a period after which they return.   Anyone suffer from this problem ?    Any help appreciated.

1 hour ago, Mackeman said:

I am able to play music via a USB stick however, during play I am getting radio announcements, pressing the TA button stops them for a period after which they return

There is a setting in the system somewhere to turn TA off altogether, can't remember what menu I saw it in though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club