Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I Being Stupid?

mikestodds

Hi all,

Ive just bought a Fiesta Titanium.

Not sure if Im being thick but I have two issues?

Im using a USB MP3 player to play tracks but everytime I park the car and go off when I come back it reverts to my radio after about 5 seconds.

It seems like the radio is set as a default for when the car starts?

Is there a way I can set it so whatever was playing last stays on even when you leave the car for a few hours?

Also, whenever ive put auto climate on the air con seems to come on, even if the car is a bit chilly, do I need to set the temp for auto or will it eventually realise and turn the air con off and go to as comfortable temp?

All help is appreciated!!

Hi all,

Ive just bought a Fiesta Titanium.

Not sure if Im being thick but I have two issues?

Im using a USB MP3 player to play tracks but everytime I park the car and go off when I come back it reverts to my radio after about 5 seconds.

It seems like the radio is set as a default for when the car starts?

Is there a way I can set it so whatever was playing last stays on even when you leave the car for a few hours?

Also, whenever ive put auto climate on the air con seems to come on, even if the car is a bit chilly, do I need to set the temp for auto or will it eventually realise and turn the air con off and go to as comfortable temp?

All help is appreciated!!

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

On mine the stereo remembers whatever it was playing last, and just continues when it's started again. You say it's a "USB MP3 player": do you mean it's plugged into the USB port, or also into the aux socket (like an Ipod would be)? What model is it? Maybe the player needs to boot up and isn't ready when the stereo tries to access it?

The aircon is also triggered by the humidity sensor to stop the windows steaming up (and it's been quite humid lately), but you can stop this by pressing the AC button. The "Auto" function controls the fan speed and the aircon, but won't turn on the aircon if you've switched it off (obviously then it can't lower the internal temperature by much).

Thanks for that about air con - think i understand now, just I dont want to leave it on all the time as it uses up petrol i thought?

Think i will try auto for a while with air con off and see how it goes.

As with MP3 player - it is a Aigo make or something - but the silly thing is when I go back to the car and turn ignition on the car intially plays the MP3 player from where it left off, but then after about 5 seconds it reverts back to the radio even without me touching anything.

I cant see anything in the manual about it, but it is very annoying having to changle from radio to aux every time I get in the car!

As with MP3 player - it is a Aigo make or something - but the silly thing is when I go back to the car and turn ignition on the car intially plays the MP3 player from where it left off, but then after about 5 seconds it reverts back to the radio even without me touching anything.

I cant see anything in the manual about it, but it is very annoying having to changle from radio to aux every time I get in the car!

Do you turn the stereo on before turning on the ignition? I find if I do this, the radio comes on like yours. But if I don't touch on/off on the stereo if comes on where it left off. One further thought - do you use playlists because when I did I often got a USB read error and it took a couple of presses of the AUX button before it would respond correctly.

I had a similar USB issue...

I use the USB for all my music and podcasts.

I do not turn the stereo off when I switch the ignition off.

If I start up the car quickly it stays on USB.

If I turn on the ignition one click, and pause and wait for the glow plug light (diesels only!) to go out, and then start it up, it will switch to radio after about 5 seconds (and the radio is much louder than my USB stuff!)

So now I do not pause & wait for the glow plugs - just turn the key straight to start - and I have not had the "jump to radio" happen since.

It hasn't been cold since I got the car, so don't know if this will mean extra "turning over" before the engine kicks in - it has always started immediately so far.

(If I switch the radio off before ignition off, the radio will remember the USB input when I switch it on)

Interesting thoughts - ill try the quick ignition thing and see how it goes.

What it might be is a dodgy USB connection.

I had it today where it couldnt find the USB device, only until I pushed it a certain way in the plug it found it, so maybe when Im coming back to the car after a break the USB device has moved and lost its connection hence going to radio instead.

I am finding the USB plug very loose and wobbly on the car!

Think i've got to the bottom of the problem!

Looks like my MP3 connection was loose so whenever I started the car and it wasn't connected properly it reverted back to radio.

I've tried a different USB stick and everytime I start car it stays on USB device so must have been the connection.

Ive bought a 16GB USB stick so will use that from now on!

Hooray!

Argh!!! its not fixed!

Got in car this morning and again USB device was already on and started playing then after I drove out of my road radio came on! gonna write to Ford!

Thanks for that about air con - think i understand now, just I dont want to leave it on all the time as it uses up petrol i thought?

Think i will try auto for a while with air con off and see how it goes.

Don't turn air con off, leave it on and leave it Auto and just alter temperature to suit,the petrol you will use with it on is neglible. Would you really be that bothered if you did 2mpg (if that)less but was in a comfy environment with windows clear all the time. Also, turning air con off is a sure way bet that in the future it will need looking at, they work at their best when they are on as the circulation helps block out bacteria build up and lubricates the moving parts and seals etc.

Yeah good point about air ocn, ill leave it on then.

Tried to ring Ford technical about USB problem but they want £1 a min premium rate number!

I just dont understand why the sound system doesnt just keep playing where you left off when you parked the car, why would i want to revert to the radio every time I went anywhere?

Must be some silly electrical device, Ill ring dealer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club