Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuck In Ireland Please Help

richiefirefighter

hey guys im new here and have a pretty serious problem!

Here it goes.

I booked a ticket to get the ferry to ireland tuesday morning on the 02.40 sailing. i have a 2005 ford focus 1.8 tdci so i didnt think that journey would be any problem to a car like that, (i was wrong) i drove the car on the motorway at about 75 mph on cruise controll for about 3 hours, no signs of any problems, temp needle in the correct place, plenty of diesel and so-on. the car just cruised like i would expect it to..

anyway about 100 miles from the ferry i needed a toilet break so i slowed down to pull in and suddenly the car cut out and all breaks and steering got very very heavy.. but i managed to pull in to a lay by. it would not start for about 10 minutes but it eventually did.. it proceeded to do this twice more when i arrived in ireland.. i did get a message on the dash saying engine systems fault but when the engine does eventually restart that message dissapears.. leading up to this fault occuring i noticed that on the odd occasion when in any gear and between 1300-2000 revs whilst slowly accelerating the car will hit a flat spot where it looses power for a split second and then regains acceleration. the only way i can explain it is it feels like someone has tried to pull the car backwards and let go.. both these problems happen when the engine is hot or cold.. please help guys or im stuck in ireland and garages here charge an arm and a leg

hey guys im new here and have a pretty serious problem!

Here it goes.

I booked a ticket to get the ferry to ireland tuesday morning on the 02.40 sailing. i have a 2005 ford focus 1.8 tdci so i didnt think that journey would be any problem to a car like that, (i was wrong) i drove the car on the motorway at about 75 mph on cruise controll for about 3 hours, no signs of any problems, temp needle in the correct place, plenty of diesel and so-on. the car just cruised like i would expect it to..

anyway about 100 miles from the ferry i needed a toilet break so i slowed down to pull in and suddenly the car cut out and all breaks and steering got very very heavy.. but i managed to pull in to a lay by. it would not start for about 10 minutes but it eventually did.. it proceeded to do this twice more when i arrived in ireland.. i did get a message on the dash saying engine systems fault but when the engine does eventually restart that message dissapears.. leading up to this fault occuring i noticed that on the odd occasion when in any gear and between 1300-2000 revs whilst slowly accelerating the car will hit a flat spot where it looses power for a split second and then regains acceleration. the only way i can explain it is it feels like someone has tried to pull the car backwards and let go.. both these problems happen when the engine is hot or cold.. please help guys or im stuck in ireland and garages here charge an arm and a leg

Hi

i recently had a similar problem that turned out to be plug connection on the pressure sensor at the fuel rail. suppose you could give this a look at.and maybe fuel filter. it does sound like fuel starvation.i have also just read there is a mod for the FOCUS because wiring harness chaffs on the EGR valve causing the car not to start.

otherwise sorry can't help but i'm sure somebody here will be able to

tom

Hi

i recently had a similar problem that turned out to be plug connection on the pressure sensor at the fuel rail. suppose you could give this a look at.and maybe fuel filter. it does sound like fuel starvation.i have also just read there is a mod for the FOCUS because wiring harness chaffs on the EGR valve causing the car not to start.

otherwise sorry can't help but i'm sure somebody here will be able to

tom

cheers man.. i just got a new fuel filter and will fit it now... and go from there.. i dunno where the egr valve is

Hi richiefirefighter

Try this for where EGR is situated.

at the back of engine number 11.

tom

post-13968-128405025359_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club