Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Spare Wheel Retaining Bolt

Fordman173

My New Fiesta Mk7 Edge 1.25 came without a spare wheel,of course! Have acquired a brand new Ford 15" steel spare wheel to match the fitted ones, and fitted a tyre, but now need a retaining bolt/plate to screw it into the threaded bolt hole in the floor of the spare wheel compartment. Don't feel safe without it bolted down.

Can't find anything on eBay and Ford dealers say they aren't available new/separately - only with a Mk7 Fiesta that comes new with a spare wheel included.

Any ideas, please?

they are available for the 14 inch wheel but not the 15 as it is a wider wheel, therefore a longer bolt is needed. you would be better off buying some threaded bar and making one

My New Fiesta Mk7 Edge 1.25 came without a spare wheel,of course! Have acquired a brand new Ford 15" steel spare wheel to match the fitted ones, and fitted a tyre, but now need a retaining bolt/plate to screw it into the threaded bolt hole in the floor of the spare wheel compartment. Don't feel safe without it bolted down.

Can't find anything on Ebay and Ford dealers say they aren't available new/separately - only with a Mk7 Fiesta that comes new with a spare wheel included.

Any ideas, please?

Click For spare wheel bolt

Click For Jack screw

I also had to purchase a spare wheel and jack for my Fiesta, The spare wheel Ford supply is a 14" even if you have bigger wheels fitted. You better check that a 14" spare wheel bolt will be long enough for a 15" wheel.

Also you will also need to purchase the plastic cup that slides over the spare wheel bolt it does not come with it, message the guy at paynes parts and he will sort it for you.

there is a bolt listed for 2008-2009 with steel wheel £12.62 just give me a bell if u would like to discuss/order

Thanks

Graham

Hi

Can i ask why you do not feel safe without it being bolted down.

I put a spare in my car for when we went to france two weeks ago and it as not bolted down nothing happened as its inside the car covered up by an mdf carpetted board.

It would physicaly have to climb out of the hole !!

Jamie

Just to say ditto - apart from the France bit. I took my spare wheel from the 2006 Fiesta when I told it and put it in my 2010 Fiesta. You have to drive over a speed bump really fast (not advisable) for it to go anywhere, and even then it only goes up & down.

I took my spare wheel from the 2006 Fiesta when I told it and put it in my 2010 Fiesta.

!Removed! hell, Ford'd voice activated command system is getting really advanced these days... :D

• Like 1

Hi

I put a spare in my car for when we went to france two weeks ago and it as not bolted down nothing happened as its inside the car covered up by an mdf carpetted board.

Jamie

Perhaps I'm concerned unnecessarily but I have seen several threads on here where it has been said that an unrestrained spare can become a very dangerous moving object in the event of a major shunt. Any views?

The car would have to be dropped for the wheel to jump out of the spare wheel well.

Just working from experiance and it is only my opinion.

P.s i agree with you inath but they are only our opinions. ph34r.gif

Jamie

What if the car was to roll?

!Removed! hell, Ford'd voice activated command system is getting really advanced these days... :D

*sold, although I do talk to the car quite a bit!

Hi

Jamie

Bolted down for a reason, Rear end shunt or a roll over! and i'm sure going over a speed bump to fast will make it move around in the well.

Would not be a nice ending being wiped out by your spare wheel! I would feel very uneasy driving around with a unsecure spare wheel.

The polystyrene insert with the foam and inflator and towing eye etc is not secured down.

Do Farmers tie down there Round Bales in Fields Imagine one of those rolling out of a gate from a field.

Do you really think that the ploystyrene insert with secured in foam, inflator & towing eye is going to course serious injury???? :lol:

And what has a bale of hay in a field got to do with a Fiesta spare wheel? !Removed!

Do you really think that the ploystyrene insert with secured in foam, inflator & towing eye is going to course serious injury???? :lol:

And what has a bale of hay in a field got to do with a Fiesta spare wheel? !Removed!

A bale of hay on the move can be deadly! :o

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Driver-killed-runaway-bale-hay-rolls-hill-van/article-2604368-detail/article.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11195393