Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glo Plug ---No Light

nyckfocus

I've just got a focus 1.8 TDCi

When we go to start the engine the Glo-plug light doesnt come on but the car starts fine.The manual seems to state they wiil only come on if required ???.I had a diesel years ago and the glo-plug light always came on .

As you can tell i know next to nothing about cars

thanks nyck

I've just got a focus 1.8 TDCi

When we go to start the engine the Glo-plug light doesnt come on but the car starts fine.The manual seems to state they wiil only come on if required ???.I had a diesel years ago and the glo-plug light always came on .

As you can tell i know next to nothing about cars

thanks nyck

Is this a fairly new car? Newer diesels do have glow plugs but due to better technology a lot of the time when the weather is like this they are not really neccesary so the light will not stay on. You say the light does not come on at all-It could be that it comes and goes out in a split second as I believe that all dash lights should come on for some period of time due to diagnostics when the key is being turned to the start position.

At the end of the day it starts fine so don't worry.

the glow light should come on at frist start for about 5 seconds, and come on after a longish stay when it as cooled down. if no glow light then it must be faulty, the light is a unit fitted at the back of the speedo, it should not be to hard to replace, a ford outlet or breakers yard should have one.

I got my focus last summer, and all through the winter I watched for the light and it never came on, the car is kept outside and always started instantly, so I never worried about it.

I got my focus last summer, and all through the winter I watched for the light and it never came on, the car is kept outside and always started instantly, so I never worried about it.

some diesels now unless its extremely cold they rarely come on at all

Hi john5

Hillmangimp is correct it depends on the air temp nowadays,

warm weather it may or may not come on.

cold weather it will come on for longer.

i believe it tells you in the handbook.

tom

nyckfocus.....how old is your car, mine is an 05 1.8 tdci LX and as works as i posted. see page 122 in the owners guide on starting the car it tells you about the glow plug light..

nyckfocus.....how old is your car, mine is an 05 1.8 tdci LX and as works as i posted. see page 122 in the owners guide on starting the car it tells you about the glow plug light..

Its a 2007 57 ,

I'll have to check again but i'm sure the light comes up when i try that test mode, so its not the bulb

thanks nyck

The glow plug light on my 1.6 2006 tdci comes on for half a second and goes out very quickly. If you listen clearly you can hear a little noise when it goes out. This is normal according to my hand book. When the temp outside reaches minus 2 or around that you will find that the glow plug will stay on that little bit longer. These modern diesels are not like them oldun's ya know t'old lad.

On my 2006 1.6 TDCi, you had to be looking at the warning light as you turned on the ignition, as it was only on for a very brief amount of time. You wouldnt really notice it otherwise.

Why dont you try the dashboard secret trick sticky to test the bulb itself?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club