Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres

suraj

Your Prefered Tyre Brand  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which tyre brand is your favourite?

Hello,

The purpose of this topic is to find out the forum users favourite tyre brand.

please free to add comments like how much mileage you done on them?

how many years you have been running on them?

How much you paid for your tyres?

Do you rotate your wheel for even wear? and etc

Most of the answers you depend on the individual driving habbits so it be interesting to know.

This will help other forum users make decision on which tyres to buy.

I bought my car 2 and half years ago and my car come with Pirelli pzero and according to the manufacturer these are very high quality tyres. i have got quotes for one tyre of £80 per tyre. So far i have not had to change any tyres but only had to repair one tyre. I have run just over 25k on them and i have rotated them once.

Ive got 205/40 R17 Continental ContiSport 3's. They perform very well in all road conditions and seem to be wearing well. I got 14000 miles out of the Pirelli P ZERO NERO's which came with the car. Overall, I would say the Pirellis are better value as the Continentals were £150 each.

Mine came with Hankook, only done 2,400 miles so they're still on :P On my MK6.5 I used Michelin. Have used Bridgestone (good) & Goodyear (stay away! Worst tyres I've ever had)

ive got Pirelli p zero nero on my fezzi,and Continental contisport3 on my second car....both are great tyres,p zeros are little better in dry conditions,holds the road like glue,just amazing.....

Mine came with Hankook, only done 2,400 miles so they're still on :P On my MK6.5 I used Michelin. Have used Bridgestone (good) & Goodyear (stay away! Worst tyres I've ever had)

I haven't submitted the poll response as I don't really have a favourite brand. My Fiesta came with Bridgestones (205x40VR17). My previous Focus came with Michelin Pilot Primacy, and I replaced like for like over the years. Before that, my Mondeo 24v had Continental Sport Contact and again I replaced like with like. I've looked at reviews and haven't seen much difference between the top brands so tend to stick with what I know works OK.

That said, if I could find a tyre that handles at least as well as the Bridgestones in wet and dry, lasts as well (little wear after 7500 miles, so doing OK) but were quieter (I find them noisy on anything other than the smoothest tarmac) then I could be tempted to give them a go.

Michelin Energy Savers on 14" wheels on mine, standard fit on the Econetic.

On 8000 miles so i'll see how well they last.

Hankook on mine. Came with the 16" wheels I ordered as an option. Far too early for me to make an objective comment as I've only had the car five weeks and done 1300 miles but no dramas so far ;)

Mine had the Hankook S1EVO on them originally. Those were with the 16" alloys I had on. Now have the 17" Fiesta alloys with Toyo Proxies 4, I honestly think they are a much better tyre, much more grippy, better in the wet, quieter, smoother, and they don't seem to wear out which is even better! Cheap too compared to the Hankooks.

I have Toyo proxes T1R's and they are awesome. so much quieter than the Michelin's and Bridgestone's I had before. same amount of wet grip as the other 2 brands but in the dry they are in a league of their own. They are usually around £80 (205/40/17) but if you shop around like I did you can get them for £60 ish. the only problem is they are a soft compound tire so I don't think they will last as long as the others :/

Hi

Iam on Conti premium contact 2's (195 45 16)

I have done 9661 miles and following the health check after i had my alloys re balanced (see another thread)

They are half worn at the front figures are as follow :-

outer Middle Inner

N/S Front 4 4 3

O/S Front 4 4 3

O/S Rear 5 6 5

N/S Rear 5 5 4

Are these wearing ok

Jamie

im currently running conti sport contact 3's on my 16 inch wheels and yokohama parada spec 2's on my 17s,

winter and summer wheels before anyone asks

Well i got my bridge stone because it was £118 for two fitted. Done about 800 miles and no sign of any wear yet. I chose them because they were a good brand with a good safety rating. Non of this Japanese ditch finder scrap for me!!

Not too sure on the exact measurements, but it a 15 inch wheel

My Autogrip Radial F101's don't count, as they were put on by the dealer. They've kept the car on the road so far. The spare is a Bridgestone B391.

The car was delivered in April this year, the standard fittment was Hancook Ventus Evo S1's.

They are 195/45/SR15's

Mileage so far 20,467

Tread on front 2.5mm

Tread on rear 5.0mm

Road holding great

Ride quite hard

Noise horrendous

Wear rate excellent I suppose

But then I never get less than 25 - 35k miles off a set of tyres

The car was delivered in April this year, the standard fittment was Hancook Ventus Evo S1's.

They are 195/45/SR15's

Mileage so far 20,467

Tread on front 2.5mm

Tread on rear 5.0mm

Road holding great

Ride quite hard

Noise horrendous

Wear rate excellent I suppose

But then I never get less than 25 - 35k miles off a set of tyres

They are rather noisy aren't they? ohmy.gif

Must admit they haven't caused any problems so far.

I've got whatever Hankooks come with the standard 16 inch wheels on the Zetec. Any suggestions for what tyres to get after these? Preferably ones that hold the road as well but are quieter. Cheap is good too!

Mine came with 195 50 15 Michelins

Got a nasty nail in one today...

e643ce2f.jpg

.... so had to get a new tyre

As i have only done 5k on my originals, and budget options were only £15 cheaper, i plumped for a Michelin again (albeit with a higher speed rating)

Mine came with 195 50 15 Michelins

Got a nasty nail in one today...

e643ce2f.jpg

.... so had to get a new tyre

As i have only done 5k on my originals, and budget options were only £15 cheaper, i plumped for a Michelin again (albeit with a higher speed rating)

Maybe its just me, but isnt the michelin man on the sidewall of your tyre doing a !Removed! salute... :lol:

"Michelin. Proud sponsors of the Third Reich."

• 1 year later...

Came with p zero lasted 10,000, now on Unroyal rain sport 2 great Tyre so far handles well.

I got 15,000 miles out of the original Bridgestones on the Fezzer - then switched to Marangonis and got 20,000 but at the expense of handling and grip in all weathers.

I finished up on Kumho Ecstas, which were brilliant and still just legal when I sold the car at 60,000 miles.

I'm now on Pirelli Rossos - which are great, but I've already lost two to the same nail (passed through the front and lodged in the back) within the car's first 1000 miles. <_<

After some reading, I decided to buy Uniroyal Rainexperts 195/50/15, they seem to grip well, not tested them in the rain yet, but they are supposed to be very good. They are a bit softer tyre, but I don't do many miles, so it doesn't matter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club