Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The Black Unit Called Next To Thermostat Housing?

siber_pir8

Hi guys first poster.

What is the black component called at the front of the engine to the right of the thermostat housing?

Because I have an oil leak from it and its not from the face of the block, its where the black plastic is joined together by some sort of rivets.

Just wondering if i need a new one or will it repair.

Thx

Hi guys first poster.

What is the black component called at the front of the engine to the right of the thermostat housing?

Because I have an oil leak from it and its not from the face of the block, its where the black plastic is joined together by some sort of rivets.

Just wondering if i need a new one or will it repair.

Thx

can you post a pic up? to the right of the thermostat housing is the airbox and to the rear is the coil pack not sure what you mean that has rivets on it mate so a pic would be very helpfull

sorry forgot to mention it was diesel. it is bolted on the side of the head at the end and it has a push rod inside which goes up to the camshaft.

I will get a pic up later tonight though.

thx

Sounds like the Vacuum pump.

It is used for the brake servo and other vacuum actuators, and it is driven by a pushrod operated directly by a special lobe on the camshaft.

Haynes says that if faulty the pump needs to be replaced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club