Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Petrol Vs 1.4 Diesel

fryboi

iv'e recently started doing 60 miles a day back and forth collage and I'm looking to get a diesel to replace my petrol.

firstly has anyone driven the 1.4 diesel and the 1.4 petrol and is there a noticeable difference in performance ?

secondly, what kind of MPG do you diesel owners get on dual carriage way and A road runs ?

I have a 1.4 diesel and although a new Corsa my wife has a 1.4 petrol .

My fiesta 56 mpg Corsa around 46 mpg

My road tax £20 :) per year the Corsa £120 :angry:

The petrol seems to pull better from standing but my Fiesta feels like it has more ‘overtaking’ power

Hth

Cyb

we sold our 59 plate fiesta 1.4 tdci today for a 10 plate 1.6 tdci 110 bhp focus , any ways the reason we sold the fezzza was down to the space mainly and secondly the engine , it has one big point over 2000 miles it avaraged 59.9 wich we thinks great , but thats it for good point bad point it very slow if u got more then one person in the car , with four people in it it near on dangerous !! it soooooooooooo noisy worse then my brothers 53 plate transit , that no joke either !! any way we thought 59.9 mpg was good untill weve been getting 55.9 out of the FAR more powerful and bigger focus, the problem with the 1.4 tdci is u have to consantly have your foot flat to the floor to keep up with the traffic and give it quite a few revs to pull away, any way after driving the cars back to back , i would say go and buy i 1.6 tdci ford focus :) and the 1.6 tdci focus is very quite :)

we sold our 59 plate fiesta 1.4 tdci today for a 10 plate 1.6 tdci 110 bhp focus , any ways the reason we sold the fezzza was down to the space mainly and secondly the engine , it has one big point over 2000 miles it avaraged 59.9 wich we thinks great , but thats it for good point bad point it very slow if u got more then one person in the car , with four people in it it near on dangerous !! it soooooooooooo noisy worse then my brothers 53 plate transit , that no joke either !! any way we thought 59.9 mpg was good untill weve been getting 55.9 out of the FAR more powerful and bigger focus, the problem with the 1.4 tdci is u have to consantly have your foot flat to the floor to keep up with the traffic and give it quite a few revs to pull away, any way after driving the cars back to back , i would say go and buy i 1.6 tdci ford focus :) and the 1.6 tdci focus is very quite :)

I own a 1.6 tdci fiesta zetec s and the other half a 1.4 tdci fiesta zetec, both excellent motors and MPG seems to be the same for both.

As for the comments made by poshpawsfiesta i'd take with a pinch of salt,

Dangerous with 4 people in :lol:

Focus is FAR more powerful and bigger :lol: Maybe be bigger!!

the problem with the 1.4 tdci is u have to consantly have your foot flat to the floor to keep up with the traffic and give it quite a few revs to pull away :lol:

The 1.6tdci engine in the focus is the same unit they put in the Fiesta.

I own a 1.6 tdci fiesta zetec s and the other half a 1.4 tdci fiesta zetec, both excellent motors and MPG seems to be the same for both.

As for the comments made by poshpawsfiesta i'd take with a pinch of salt,

Dangerous with 4 people in :lol:

Focus is FAR more powerful and bigger :lol: Maybe be bigger!!

the problem with the 1.4 tdci is u have to consantly have your foot flat to the floor to keep up with the traffic and give it quite a few revs to pull away :lol:

The 1.6tdci engine in the focus is the same unit they put in the Fiesta.

Not totally true, I'm afraid... poshpaws was talking about the 110hp engine in the focus. The fiesta is sadly only a 90. You can get the 90 in the focus, but only in the econetic as far as I can remember

Not totally true, I'm afraid... poshpaws was talking about the 110hp engine in the focus. The fiesta is sadly only a 90. You can get the 90 in the focus, but only in the econetic as far as I can remember

Not totally true, I'm afraid....the Fiesta is now 95 ;)

1.4 tdci here

£20 road tax and getting 60mpg is a no brainer for me ,unless you want the extra torque

My Fiesta is a 1.4Tdci with the a tuning box (Synergy 2B) from Tuning Diesels. Although I can't tell you what HP Increase that's given me I can say it's totally transformed the car and the fuel consumption has increased slightly. Bear in mind I travel up and down motorways and dual carrageways 90% of the time so my fuel consumption only averages around the 48-52 mpg mark.

I would have the diesel over the petrol everytime, but then when you consider how long I spend running between 70-80mph the diesel wins hands down for me. I've covered over 20k miles since April and the only fault has been snapped gear linkage cable which kept it off the road for two weeks.

Tone

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club