Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Car Tax

Tony_M

Hi

I have a 59-reg Zetec bought last Oct when the 1.25/82PS was emission rated at 133g/km, since then Ford have apparently tweaked it to produce an official figure of 129g, which means a first year £0 annual car tax, and after that £90 instead of £110 for mine. As I'm not too knowledgeable about these things, does anyone know if Ford dealers can retrospectively mod existing engines to lower the CO2 emissions officially so as to lower the car tax band, or would it be so prohibitive as to not be worthwhile?

Thanks

Hi

I have a 59-reg Zetec bought last Oct when the 1.25/82PS was emission rated at 133g/km, since then Ford have apparently tweaked it to produce an official figure of 129g, which means a first year £0 annual car tax, and after that £90 instead of £110 for mine. As I'm not too knowledgeable about these things, does anyone know if Ford dealers can retrospectively mod existing engines to lower the CO2 emissions officially so as to lower the car tax band, or would it be so prohibitive as to not be worthwhile?

Thanks

As far as I know (and someone may correct me on this) car tax bands are based on the emissions at the point the car is sold/registered (maybe even manufacture date). Any modifications made to the car afterwards will not affect the tax band.

As far as I know (and someone may correct me on this) car tax bands are based on the emissions at the point the car is sold/registered (maybe even manufacture date). Any modifications made to the car afterwards will not affect the tax band.

That's true. otherwise the Mountune upgrade would increase your tax.

Hi Smett72, fryboi & adzmcp

I guessed it was probably the case that tax bands are based on the official emissions of a particular model when new, so cannot be altered by subsequent mods, but thanks for your replies anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club