Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium Arrived This Morning - Just A Few Questions...

freeman3030

I took delivery of my '58' plate Fiesta Titanium this morning. I love it to bits! There are a few questions I'd like answers to as I can't find answers in the hand book.

* As soon as I get in the car, I connect my phone via the USB port as I play music on the phone through the stereo. When I start the engine, the stereo defaults to the radio and I have to press 'Aux' to get it to come on. It is a little bit intermittent though as sometimes it wont play. Also, as I pull up the handbrake, I sometimes accidentally knock the USB cable it reverts back to the radio and have to re-press 'Aux'. Is it just my car that is super sensitive, or is this a common problem?

* The auto climate control has me foxed, when its on auto the Air Con button is always illuminated. Does this use much petrol? Should I turn it off?

* I have keyless entry and when I filled up at the petrol station, I got out the car with the key in my pocket. I left the car unlocked (as I pay at pump), but when I got back in the car after filling up, the engine wouldn't start. I had to lock & unlock the doors to get the engine to start... is this normal or am I forgetting to do something?

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thankyou,

James

* The auto climate control has me foxed, when its on auto the Air Con button is always illuminated. Does this use much petrol? Should I turn it off?

* I have keyless entry and when I filled up at the petrol station, I got out the car with the key in my pocket. I left the car unlocked (as I pay at pump), but when I got back in the car after filling up, the engine wouldn't start. I had to lock & unlock the doors to get the engine to start... is this normal or am I forgetting to do something?

With Auto turned on, you should be able to still turn off the AC by pressing the button. Obviously it won't then be able to lower the temperature in the car, but it's winter now ;)

The aircon does use fuel, but it only runs when it needs to (you'll hear the AC clutch clicking on and off regularly) so it won't waste much. I tend to just leave it on and let it do its thing.

Did you forget to push the clutch out when the car wouldn't start? Some other makes let you start the car without pressing the clutch if the gearbox is in neutral, but the Ford system forces you to always press it.

Thinking back, perhaps I didn't have the clutch down... I can't remember, I was in such a tizz that it wouldnt start! Have been playing around with it a bit since and I don't think it likes being connected to my phone via USB because I tried it with an iPod and it didn't matter if I wiggled the cable, it just kept on playing! I think I'll just leave the air con on then if it comes on and off depending on whether its needed or not.

Is it possible to get 'actual Fuel consumption' up on the trip conputer?

Cheers for the help so far :D

Is it possible to get 'actual Fuel consumption' up on the trip conputer?

You can get average fuel consumption since you last reset it, but not real-time fuel consumption.

You can get average fuel consumption since you last reset it, but not real-time fuel consumption.

??? I get real-time consumption on my trip computer.

Me too, On my 60 plate Titanium i get average and instant MPG. I also have that annoying gear change arrow! It wants me in 5th gear by 40 mph!

I wish mine was a 60 plate :( but I'll be buggered if I can figure out how to get actual consumption up... perhaps the older ones don't feature it. I dunno!

My last MK7 Fiesta (zetec 58 plate) never had that feature. I think its only on the newer ones built this year.

Mines an old 59 plater ;) and I haven't checked whether it has or not.. I'll look tomorrow..

I have keyless start, and never has it not started on me.. just make sure the clutch is pressed, but then again it tells you on the display to press the clutch.. did your's not have that message displayed?

Beware also dodgy fuel pumps, I went in my local Tescos last week while it was really busy and tried to use a diesel pump I've used before, but the nozzle would not be acceptd by the car and I couldn't fuel it... I had used the pay at pump method too so I had to cancel all that, hold everybody up and try the pumps behind.. which worked ok! A right palava...

Enjoy your car though...

B.

Theoretically, yes but as soon as you reset, you are seeing vitually 'instantaneous' mpg for the first few minutes, not that it means a lot. I got my 1.6 TDCI to go up to nearly 90mpg by coasting (heaven forbid !) !

When was yours built? I definitely don't have it on mine (built Oct 2009)

When was yours built? I definitely don't have it on mine (built Oct 2009)

Not sure when it was actually built but it was first registered 30th August 2010.

For those that do have this feature - if the trip computer is set to instant fuel consumption, when you start the engine the data reads 0.0 g/h then 0.1 g/h, 0.2 g/h and so on until you move off and then your mpg is displayed.

What is the g/h figure?????

edited: just had a thought, for those who don't have this feature when was the last time you had your car serviced? It may be available when your Ford dealer next runs a software upgrade.

Use a USB flash drive, you can get them really small now and just stick that in the USB and leave it there, can't and never will see the point have having to connect/disconnect something everytime you get in and out of the car, it's a royal pain.

As for the Air con, just leave it on and leave it on Auto and adjust temp as and when neccessary. Are you really going to notice a 1 or 2 mpg drop or lack of performance (hardly performance cars anyway) all for the sake of inconvenience. Also, having the air con on lubricates the system/seals etc and also stops the likely build up of bacteria which will then need to be sorted in the future. Again, the low hassle approach is usually the best.

I also have that annoying gear change arrow! It wants me in 5th gear by 40 mph!

I'm not sure if I have that arrow or not, I'm in 5th way long before 40mph. By the way, I've come from diesel to petrol so trying to max. my consumption. ...and I'm Scots which doesn't help either. :D

What is the g/h figure?????

I assume that it's gallons/hour. When you're idiling it shows 0.1g/h, if I put air con on or rev the engine (without moving) it will be 0.2+g/h

Ok, yeah will leave A/C on. You've justified it enough to me. Where is this gear change arrow? It is quite annoying having to connect and disconnect my phone, but I update my music library on my PC so often, I'd be forever taking the stick in and out of car to keep the music & playlists fresh.

Is it possible to play the music via bluetooth?

Another gripe I'm having is getting the phone to access the phonebook in my phone. When I get an incomming call through the car from a friend, it has their number and NOT their name which is really annoying, is it just my phone or is it like this for all phones? Also the directory to store contacts to make a call by voice recognition is really small. Only holds about 10 names and thats nowhere near enough, is this a problem for all people?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club