Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanted - Eolys/dpf Additive

Kiyak-1804

Hi Guys

I apologise if this has been asked or discussed before or posted in the wrong section. If so please just show me a link to the forum and I will delete this topic.

My DPF filter needs to be topped up with Eolys fluid. However I have read that some members have bought 3litres for £100 however no one has said where this can be bought.

Ford are quoting me £258.50 for them to top this up and clear the ECU light. I think this is far too much condsidering they are telling me when they order this fluid they have to buy it in a quantity that covers 3 cars, rather than individual car. However I have spoken to one of the mechanics that can top up it for me for a score if I can provide the Eolys fluid.

I've looked about online but this DPF is one pain in the !Removed!!

Thanks for your time.

Eolys fluid is expensive in itself. About £30+ per litre. You can usually find a few on sale on eBay.

Unfortunately, its not just a case of topping up the Eolys. This tank has a separate "counter" and its computer needs to be reset, and to do this is a Fords-only job. So, if you did it yourself, you could top up the fluid, reset the ECU light with an OBD-II reader, but as far as the Eolys computer is concerned, its still low. The light would probably come back on right away.

Eolys fluid is expensive in itself. About £30+ per litre. You can usually find a few on sale on ebay.

Unfortunately, its not just a case of topping up the Eolys. This tank has a separate "counter" and its computer needs to be reset, and to do this is a Fords-only job. So, if you did it yourself, you could top up the fluid, reset the ECU light with an OBD-II reader, but as far as the Eolys computer is concerned, its still low. The light would probably come back on right away.

Yeah it's ridiculas, i managed to get it sorted though. I phoned a smaller Ford dealership and they're only wanting £140! Some difference eh?!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club