Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors - MK2 1.6 Ghia Focus

anachorai

If anyone can help? I have just picked up a MK2 1.6 Ghia Focus. It has the Parking Lights option. However, when I activate it, the head lights go off and nothing seems to happen when I reverse of get within a metre or so from an object. Even thought the option is on the dial and the head lights go off, does this model have parking sensors. I cant see anything on the bumper or rear of the car.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the club

Parking lights are not parking sensors. Parking light is just putting your sidelights on for when you are parked up, so that you are visible in restricted visibility conditions.

As said, parking lights and parking sensors are 2 very different things. Usually with the parking lights you put the indicator on after you have turned the engine off as to whatever side is on the road, and that sidelight will stay on so no one will drive into you.

Many thanks. Shame the steering cannot be sniffened, what model would i need to be able to change the set up from Normal to sport, or is it an optional extra? I thought the Ghia (its my first Ford) had everything as standard?

you will find that switching the parking lights on by turning the headlight switch will put the sidelights on but switch the dash lights off to save power,the titanium x is the fully loaded model

the ghia has now been replaced by the titanium and titanium x

the ghia has now been replaced by the titanium and titanium x

I was looking for a Focus Ghia but got fed up of trying to find one without coroded alloys. In the end I got a black Zetec which has the nice feature of having had parking sensors added as an option.

Does anyone know how to remove the door panel/trim on the front doors as there is a very annoying creaky noise coming from it.