Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trickling noise from 65+ mph

edwardio

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a little problem that I hope you can all help with.

I have a 2001 1.25 Zetec S Fiesta Ghia. When I travel at motorway speeds, I hear a trickling noise from what sounds like the passenger front footwell. I don't have a coolant leak, so the heating matrix is fine as there is no water in the footwell.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Hello and welcome to the club

This is a strange problem and if you have no water gathering then its obviosuly not a leak into the car, are you sure it isnt wind whistling through the window or something like that?

No its a liquid noise. The best way I can describe it as like the heating system in your home. When the heating gets turned on, you can sometime hear the water going through the pipes.

The thing with this is that, you can hear with with the heater on or off. I'd alos like to say that the car is running fine & the heater appears to work fine. Though the engine does appear to take a while to warm up (well compared to my Celica).

Yeah I do it every weekend.

Have a look in the engine compartment, i had a weird noise from 40mph+ and it turned out to be leaves rolling around because of the draught in a small hidey hole underneath the brake servo unit. I managed to get them out using a knitting needle and since then, quiet as a mouse!

If its an air lock you will need to flush it right through the system

run the engine with the cap off and the heater set to hot. Keep squeezing the top and bottom hose to help any air up and out of the system. Once the the thermostat has opened - top and bottom hoses the same temperature refit the cap.

• 1 month later...
I still get this noise. It's not an airlock, so no idea what it is!

Did you check out the 'leaves' noise inside the engine compartment?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club