Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Ready For Winter

zev

Hi,

I've heared we can expect snow at the end of this month so I'm getting ready for it as I was unprepared last time. Can anyone recommend a good screen wash for the icy tempreture's. I have already got Halfords ready mixed antifreeze oat which is good for summer and winter and what about de-icer ,the one I had before was absolute rubbish.

zev

I personally wouldent recommend de-icer, i HATE the stuff it runs everywhere and stains and discolours paintwork :P. Just wait 5 mins with the windscreen and blowers on :D

Hi,

I've heared we can expect snow at the end of this month so I'm getting ready for it as I was unprepared last time. Can anyone recommend a good screen wash for the icy tempreture's. I have already got halfords ready mixed antifreeze oat which is good for summer and winter and what about de-icer ,the one I had before was absolute rubbish.

zev

SNOWWWWWWWWW. Bring it on. we wont get any where i am just frost, but a man can dream. i use a scraper personally and have heated mirrors, front and back screens and washer jets i start the car whack everything on then scrape of the sides by the time ive finished that flick on the wipers and im off.

think i was using halfrauds all weather screen wash as i had a vouchers but normally i use stuff from morisons garage,

also Halfords spray de-icer that came with lock deicer free it did the trick the few times i used it.

I use Halfords concentrated screen wash the green coloured one, you can make it as strong as you like.

Like darrensmith, i also start and go, heated screens are great. i also dont use de-icer

Heated screens and blowers on full heat with the a/c on sounds daft but try it lol also Halfords stuff seems to be pretty good before now because we back onto a wood and my car faces it, the actual pump has froze up for the washers so i have to use pure concentrate on REALLY bad days probs not to good for it but the only way some days as before now its taken over an hr to melt the ice in the pump.

Heated screens and blowers on full heat with the a/c on sounds daft but try it lol also halfords stuff seems to be pretty good before now because we back onto a wood and my car faces it, the actual pump has froze up for the washers so i have to use pure concentrate on REALLY bad days probs not to good for it but the only way some days as before now its taken over an hr to melt the ice in the pump.

Thanks guys

zev

Thanks guys

zev

I bumped into a friend of a friend yesterday as I was getting in my car. I've not seen this person since buying my focus in June. The first thing she said was oh no you havn't bought a focus I got rid off mine because it wouldn't drive in the snow it just slid straight accross the road, she had to abondon it on the way to work. Now my last car was a vectra and it was brilliant in the snow. Is she talking out of her backside hope so lol

zev

it all down to the driver Zev. dont worry about it, just drive carefully when the time comes ..

it all down to the driver Zev. dont worry about it, just drive carefully when the time comes ..

Well I did think that when she told me as I've never had problems in the past. Thanks Alan

zev

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club