Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynns Egr Cleaner

mross

Hi All

I have bought a can of wynns EGR cleaner 3 from eBay after hearing good reviews from this product, and im just waiting for it to arrive, i know you are supposed to spray it in short bursts whilst getting someone to hold the revs at about 2500 to 3000 rpm but can anyone tell me exactly where to spray it. My understanding is that its sprayed directly into the air intake just after the air filter, but before or after the mass air flow sensor ? and do i need to disconnect the multi plug from it or just leave it connected. Im a bit nervous to be honest and don't want to get this wrong.

2.0 Turbo diesel, Alz diagram has helped looks like its off with the air filter and straight into the air intake, i was just a little concerned about the turbo, how did you do yours ?.

if you do not want to do via the air filter, you can take of one of the inter cooler pipes, the one on the drivers side (this should be the same as mine) and spray it direct do this a little at a time, and allow the car to return to normal revs between sprays.

Yeh that sounds good to me thanks, Alz. I take it this way its straight into the combustion chamber and through the EGR valve.

Alz, just out of curiosity have you done this yourself with this product, if so were the results pleasing.

i have not used my car this week its parked, i do not use it much when on holiday form work, i tend to use my 4 wheel drive also a diesel, will be doing mine before i go back to work next monday. lots of others on this forum have and had good results

if you do not want to do via the air filter, you can take of one of the inter cooler pipes, the one on the drivers side (this should be the same as mine) and spray it direct do this a little at a time, and allow the car to return to normal revs between sprays.

yea do it this way not through the air filter, it gets to the egr valve quicker, well worth doing .

When you start spraying the engine will sound quite rough but as you get through the tin the engine will sound smother and smother.

Mark, iam going to do mine tomorrow while the weather is nice, ready for work on monday

Hi ALZ

Same here, it has arrived this morning, i got my brother in law coming round at 9 tomorrow morning to rev it up for me, not going to do it on the drive though i have seen the utube video and my wife will do her nut lol. Im also gonna take off that vac pipe to the servo to check it out. Will let you know what happens.

Thanks again everyone for the good advice.

Hi Mark, just done mine goes great, the best way to do this is to take out the maf from the air intake leave it conected,and with car running at 1500 revs, spray in to air intake. use all of the can. refit all parts and take for a run.

Hi Alz,

Thats good to hear i will now defo be doing it that way, thanks.

Mark dont forget do a little at a time, it will take you about 15 mins

Hi Alz

All done, and i must say was well worth it, seems to be a more responsive especially in the lower rev range, well pleased :D I also took off the vac pipe to the servo and found a tiny nic along its length, wrapped a bit of electrical tape on it for now and the noise is gone :) i had to order a replacement from ford this morning £21.98+vat oouchhh lol.

Thanks for the top advice Alz.

Any time Mark, always here to help if i can, good to see that you got to the bottom of the hissing noise.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club