Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Td Making Houling Noise When Revs Increase Help

kcboy

Hi guys am new to this forum and recently purchased a 2001 ford focus 1.8 td cl 120000, i am having problem with it as the revs increase to around 2000-2500 rpm it makes a loud houling noise and them sometimes stops for a while and then starts again, could anyone help me out and tell me what the problem is thanks

There is no way to be sure unless you get it scanned. It could be the idle valve or a vacuum leak.

Well the two big pipes that run into the intercooler have oil on them and one pipe has a little slit in it, do you think this could be the problem, its a loud nosie aswell thanks

welcome kcboy,

you need to replace the split pipe before you start looking any where else on the car.

i would say the split intercooler hose is your problem, its a common fault on the diesels.

Hi ive rapped duct tape around the slit to see of it still makes the noise and it does so carnt be that, i am still going to replace the hose thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club