Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0 Diesel Performance Chipping

LukeMc

I have a 58 plate focus 2.0 tdci, it's runs 136bhp, I fancy getting a performance chip to see what I can get from it, I've seen one on the net for £400 that will take it up to 163bhp....just wanting any advice/experience anyone can give me??

Thanks

Luke

I have a 58 plate focus 2.0 tdci, it's runs 136bhp, I fancy getting a performance chip to see what I can get from it, I've seen one on the net for £400 that will take it up to 163bhp....just wanting any advice/experience anyone can give me??

Thanks

Luke

I also have a 2.0 TDCI (not chipped) although I am aware that chipping to approx 160bhp is about the max you can get from this engine without serious mods (new intercooler, injectors etc). Make you you use a reputable firm and that you have the factory settings on a back up just in case the mod does not work as required/expected. Bluefin appears to be quite popular amongst focus owners and owners appreciate the extra torque and also mpg that chipping gives. However some peole have reported runningfaults after the chip has been installedso thats something to be aware of. Yours is a 58 plate-still under warranty? If so a chip will surely invalidate it so be aware of that.

I also have a 2.0 TDCI (not chipped) although I am aware that chipping to approx 160bhp is about the max you can get from this engine without serious mods (new intercooler, injectors etc). Make you you use a reputable firm and that you have the factory settings on a back up just in case the mod does not work as required/expected. Bluefin appears to be quite popular amongst focus owners and owners appreciate the extra torque and also mpg that chipping gives. However some peole have reported runningfaults after the chip has been installedso thats something to be aware of. Yours is a 58 plate-still under warranty? If so a chip will surely invalidate it so be aware of that.

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a look at blue fin and see what's going on.

Anyone else able to help?

Friend of mine chipped his 150 astra diesel took it up to about 201bhp on a dyno run went like the clappers but it completly destroyed the clutch and gearbox so just keep ur eye on things like this also it may be worth wacking on a set of better brakes just upgrade to green stuff pads and sports discs rather than the standard for crap for peace of mind.

Ford will probs tell you to bugger of aswell if your still under warranty and go in for a routine fault any excuse and they take it. As hillmangimp said make sure you get the standard ford map aswell as the performance one in case it tries to kill your car lol.

I have a 2.0 TDCI 136 on a 07 plate and have always the urge for more power and torque, i have seen some diesel tuning boxes on the web but im a bit hesitant on these. A remap is by far the most reliable way to get more power,torque and mpg's, some tuning companies even let you keep the original chip incase you ever want it back to standard for some reason, (with a installation fee of course), It will be interesting to see what you end up doing as this has defo crossed my mind, good luck.

I have a 2007 2.0 TDCi and I had it remapped by a company called Angel Tuning http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/ in May this year.

It's well worth the money and the car is transformed from standard. It pulls hard in every gear and is far more tolerant of low engine speeds (e.g. 50mph in 6th). MPG is also improved too - I used to see 45mpg max but now have seen 51mpg if driven carefully.

PM me if you want to know anything else about it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club