Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Furthur Fuel To The Fire

mikester

It may not cost this much. Will be investigating shortly

adam and I will be pioneering a new secret way of using bluetooth in your fiesta's, watch this space. and you can all praise me for getting off my bum bum for looking under the glovebox wink.gif

i have looked under the glove box! but never knew what that thing was lol

What's the weird material stuck to your plastic? Mine is just plain plastic, is it soundproofing?

i have looked under the glove box! but never knew what that thing was lol

haha, look what i started.

i was uber lazy and just tossed it off as never gonna happen. but now there's light at the end of the tunnel :)

iron... yea soundproofing.

What's the weird material stuck to your plastic? Mine is just plain plastic, is it soundproofing?

Maybe its to stop the rattle from that area which earlier versions like mine (and maybe your's) has?

Looks like we have started the big debate here mike

Should have an answer by about 2 oclock tomorrow

• Like 1

Maybe its to stop the rattle from that area which earlier versions like mine (and maybe your's) has?

I don't thing I have any rattle from there, there's some foamy padding under the clips, maybe that helps?

I just have annoying rattling drom the plastic trim on the passenger side A pillar thing.

from that listing, it looks like those of us with bluetooth only need the USB port lead. If so, I am super excited!

I don't thing I have any rattle from there, there's some foamy padding under the clips, maybe that helps?

I just have annoying rattling drom the plastic trim on the passenger side A pillar thing.

I had something similar develop shortly after I picked up mine. There's a small gap between the pillar and the dashboard. A little foam or rubber placed in that gap may sort it. Try it with something like a folded paper tissue first, just to see if it solves the problem.

I had something similar develop shortly after I picked up mine. There's a small gap between the pillar and the dashboard. A little foam or rubber placed in that gap may sort it. Try it with something like a folded paper tissue first, just to see if it solves the problem.

Is there an easy way to remove the trim so I can bung some stuff in to stop the rattle? I don't really want anything visible from the passenger seat.

its a no go unfortunately. if you unscrew that module you'll see it'll say bluetooth with usb (if you have it) and just bluetooth if you don't so it won't work.. and even if you did get a module that was bluetooth with usb and retro fit (which is a case uof unclipping and clipping back, so easy) then it looks like you'd need a firmware update to get it working as adam's iPhone showed as 'connecting' then nothing happens. also the bluetooth playback does not work on his module in my car nor on my module even though i have bluetooth?!

dunno what that means, you can only stream over bluetooth IF you have usb which seems to be a right contradiction... why would you need usb if you can stream music over bluetooth or vice versa...

anyway i'm checking what firmware i'm running and seeing if it's diff to adam's and if it is i might go down the route of buying the module and updating the firmware. but i'm very annoyed i can't bluetooth stream even though i have bluetooth voice control as standard!! :(

as mike say, not through lack of trying we didnt manage to get it working, but on the upside we got a load of decent photos and im not going to give up on this matter. i am determined now

So we'll need a firmware update if it IS a BT with USB module but for plain bluetooth modules, it's a no go?? When you plug in the USB port cable on a model that's just bluetooth, can it read a USB key at all?