Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member Here Thinking Of Buying A Fusion

PhilT

Hi all, I am new here, been reading here and its very helpful for advice and tips.

My wife and I by accident tried a 2007 1.4 zetec petrol fusion and it was an eye opener and we liked it alot,we live in cornwall and this car is as happy as can be on our twisty country b roads but as yet have not tried one at speed on the by pass and we are wondering what its like for handling at speed and overtaking etc (my wife is very impatient and likes to get on the right hand lane!) but if anyone can give any tips on what to look for when buying I would be grateful.

Just to put this car into perspective we have always had peugeot and we do not spend too much on cars we have a 306 1.6 petrol vivant 1998 reg which is a great car but now we will spend a bit more than usual we tried a Peugeot 207SW 2007 1.4...it was gutless and very cheap inside and not a world away from our 306! then we by chance tried a Renault Modus 1.4 2005 I contacted the owner as I got his name from the log book at the dealers and he told me it was a good car but the boot space would be annoying for us and Renault in my opinion are, or seem to be expensive to maintain but the fusion was fantastic 1.4 pulls up our hills here no problem the turning circle is amazing! and reverse is easy as the height is a great view out the back. I do not know why fusions have a bad review all over the place and prices of 2nd hand seem to be good. also for kids the back seats of the Fusion are a bit hard and "upright" has anyone noticed this? as my Daughter complained about it, she is 12, But the front seats are a bit softer. anyway enough from me.

cheers

Phil

Hi and welcome Phil.

I arrived at my Fusion also by accident, the kids loved the roof mounted DVD !!!

I choose a 1.4tdci @ £30 a year road tax i`m lovin it ( tight old git that i am )

The 1.4Tdci pulls well in gear, not as quick as my old 16v Fiesta but the added space sure makes up for it.

It returns on average 45+mpg and on a run i`ve seen close to 70mpg!

I had the pleasure of driving a 2009 1.4 zetec (petrol) soon after getting mine. The Mk2 has a more solid feel to the dash, and pick up through the gears is better.

Have a good hunt around as there are some real bargins out there as it is an unloved model, and my be hard for dealers to shift.

Hi and welcome Phil.

I arrived at my Fusion also by accident, the kids loved the roof mounted DVD !!!

I choose a 1.4tdci @ £30 a year road tax i`m lovin it ( tight old git that i am )

The 1.4Tdci pulls well in gear, not as quick as my old 16v Fiesta but the added space sure makes up for it.

It returns on average 45+mpg and on a run i`ve seen close to 70mpg!

I had the pleasure of driving a 2009 1.4 zetec (petrol) soon after getting mine. The Mk2 has a more solid feel to the dash, and pick up through the gears is better.

Have a good hunt around as there are some real bargins out there as it is an unloved model, and my be hard for dealers to shift.

Skyman thanks for info I have one in mind it is 1.4 petrol zetec 2007 reg and I will check it out this week hopefully I am no mechanic but can do basic stuff with petrol but Deisel is baffling to me so will steer clear of them! but yes road tax and MPG is better. I noticed that many Welsh dealers have Fusions so it seems maybe as Cornwall the Welsh roads suit the Fusion must give a try out on the dual carriageway to see how they handle someone said they are nasty in crosswinds...well here in Cornwall wintertime ALL cars have crosswind problems! whats new? I will let you know how my search goes, alas the one I am viewing has no DVD! Guess my Daughter will just stick to her PSP! lol

Skyman thanks for info I have one in mind it is 1.4 petrol zetec 2007 reg and I will check it out this week hopefully I am no mechanic but can do basic stuff with petrol but Deisel is baffling to me so will steer clear of them! but yes road tax and MPG is better. I noticed that many Welsh dealers have Fusions so it seems maybe as Cornwall the Welsh roads suit the Fusion must give a try out on the dual carriageway to see how they handle someone said they are nasty in crosswinds...well here in Cornwall wintertime ALL cars have crosswind problems! whats new? I will let you know how my search goes, alas the one I am viewing has no DVD! Guess my Daughter will just stick to her PSP! lol

Hi phill

Hope all is well,

i have never had an issue with my fusion in a cross wind epscailly in the derbyshire hills but the desiel version do pull very well. done quite abit of motorway driving in mine and over taking and speed is never an issue in ethier versions. never really had any engine issues ethier but all in all a very reliable car.

Glad to see there are more converts to the Fusion and although I work for FordOnline.co.uk my wife picked the Fusion as her prefered mode of transport. We have the Style + 1.4 and I think its more than adequate around town and on the motorway, although it does need winding up a little. If I purchased another one I'd definitely go for the 1.6, especially for overtaking etc, it'd give you me more confidence.

We have a fantastic example of the kind of prices you expect to pay for a Fusion 1.6 - check out this link

http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-fusion-16-zetec-estate-silver-manual-petrol-ID_774430001015279.aspx

If you want anymore help, call me on 0121 748 8514 - otherwise enjoy the car when you get it!!

Lee

FordOnline

Glad to see there are more converts to the Fusion and although I work for FordOnline.co.uk my wife picked the Fusion as her prefered mode of transport. We have the Style + 1.4 and I think its more than adequate around town and on the motorway, although it does need winding up a little. If I purchased another one I'd definitely go for the 1.6, especially for overtaking etc, it'd give you me more confidence.

We have a fantastic example of the kind of prices you expect to pay for a Fusion 1.6 - check out this link

http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-fusion-16-zetec-estate-silver-manual-petrol-ID_774430001015279.aspx

If you want anymore help, call me on 0121 748 8514 - otherwise enjoy the car when you get it!!

Lee

FordOnline

LEE thanks for the fusion online link thats a nice car shown but how do we here in West cornwall get to see these cars? as just here in cornwall its exhausting going around all day looking at cars! what happenes if you want to purchase? Also I tried the 1.4 petrol today and you are correct the 1.6 would be better for carriageway driving a bit more power is needed.

LEE thanks for the fusion online link thats a nice car shown but how do we here in West cornwall get to see these cars? as just here in cornwall its exhausting going around all day looking at cars! what happenes if you want to purchase? Also I tried the 1.4 petrol today and you are correct the 1.6 would be better for carriageway driving a bit more power is needed.

FordOnline are owned by the UK's largest dealer group, the closest delivery centre we have to you in West Cornwall is Weston Super Mare! We are happy to take extra pictures of the vehicles we have for sale and for a £350 deposit we will take the car to WSM. Because we are, who we are, check out www.fordretail.com you'll see that we are actually owned by the Ford Motor Company, so we wouldn't risk ruining our reputation by selling rubbish. If you didn't like the car when you saw it in the flesh, then we would give you your deposit back anyway.

I know it's sounds like a bit of a bind but you can tell from the pictures of the car I sent in the link, we could save you some money..

FordOnline are owned by the UK's largest dealer group, the closest delivery centre we have to you in West Cornwall is Weston Super Mare! We are happy to take extra pictures of the vehicles we have for sale and for a £350 deposit we will take the car to WSM. Because we are, who we are, check out www.fordretail.com you'll see that we are actually owned by the Ford Motor Company, so we wouldn't risk ruining our reputation by selling rubbish. If you didn't like the car when you saw it in the flesh, then we would give you your deposit back anyway.

I know it's sounds like a bit of a bind but you can tell from the pictures of the car I sent in the link, we could save you some money..

OK thanks for the info and We might wait now and find one through the ford online we have seen a nice one but its a little bit too much on price here locally and 2005 model this is our problem in Cornwall the cars here are over priced for the age and mileage BUT if its a local car you can trust the history a bit better, and also we have just not the volume or choice to buy local. If we get stuck I will give you a ring so many thanks for the help.

Hi all, I am new here, been reading here and its very helpful for advice and tips.

My wife and I by accident tried a 2007 1.4 zetec petrol fusion and it was an eye opener and we liked it alot,we live in cornwall and this car is as happy as can be on our twisty country b roads but as yet have not tried one at speed on the by pass and we are wondering what its like for handling at speed and overtaking etc (my wife is very impatient and likes to get on the right hand lane!) but if anyone can give any tips on what to look for when buying I would be grateful.

Just to put this car into perspective we have always had peugeot and we do not spend too much on cars we have a 306 1.6 petrol vivant 1998 reg which is a great car but now we will spend a bit more than usual we tried a Peugeot 207SW 2007 1.4...it was gutless and very cheap inside and not a world away from our 306! then we by chance tried a Renault Modus 1.4 2005 I contacted the owner as I got his name from the log book at the dealers and he told me it was a good car but the boot space would be annoying for us and Renault in my opinion are, or seem to be expensive to maintain but the fusion was fantastic 1.4 pulls up our hills here no problem the turning circle is amazing! and reverse is easy as the height is a great view out the back. I do not know why fusions have a bad review all over the place and prices of 2nd hand seem to be good. also for kids the back seats of the Fusion are a bit hard and "upright" has anyone noticed this? as my Daughter complained about it, she is 12, But the front seats are a bit softer. anyway enough from me.

cheers

Phil

Only problem I have with this car is that it don,t handle very well.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 1.4 TDi Zetec and so far so good. In just over a year I've added 40,000 miles to the clock with a good mixture of motorway and urban driving. It returns an average of around 62mpg and is ticking along nicely. There is a wee bit of power missing from the top end but bear in mind it's only a 1.4 and I've never found it a problem either overtaking or cruising at motorway speeds. As a cheap small car I can't fault it, tyres are cheap, servicing is cheap, it's economical, reliable and despite a number of people talking about the seats, I find it quite comfortable - and I'm a big guy :-)