1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

DaveyG

Problem With Ford Ka Rear Lightsthe Rear Drive Lights On The Wife's 03 Ford Ka Werent Working The Other Day - All Other Lights Were. I Checked The Bu

Hello. The rear drive lights on the wife's 03 Ford Ka werent working the other day - all other lights were.

I checked the bulbs which were fine and looked for a loose connection but all seemed good. As i came back from the house with the manual they were working again. This has happened once before with just one of them.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

thanks

Hello. The rear drive lights on the wife's 03 Ford Ka werent working the other day - all other lights were.

I checked the bulbs which were fine and looked for a loose connection but all seemed good. As i came back from the house with the manual they were working again. This has happened once before with just one of them.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

thanks

a dirty earth, try unplugging the rear lights and cleaning the contact pins, its likely one will be corroded/burnt

give it a clean up and problem should be gone

a dirty earth, try unplugging the rear lights and cleaning the contact pins, its likely one will be corroded/burnt

give it a clean up and problem should be gone

As above, or try a new bulb as the solder on the end of your bulb may have melted a bit not that you'll be able to see the wear causing a bad connection. (works then go over a bump breaks contact then works itself back into place hence works again)

cheers guys - tried the earhn thing before but was unable to unscrew it from the chasis. Its in the garage now

theres no need to unscrew anything? all you need to do is disconnect the multiplug from each rear light cluster and clean the pins