Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Remote Key?

Stephen Leak

Oh dear, it all seemed so easy.

I need a key blade to fix under the car, in case I lock my keys in the boot. It's easy to do.

I am also planning to upgrade my non-remote central locking unit to one with remote central locking at some time in the future.

So, I thought I'd get myself a Ford 3-button remote key with an uncut round blade, get it cut and use this as my main key. I know it won't work remotely at the moment, but it saves money getting it now.

My existing Ford non-remote key (with a blue "W1" PATS chip, BTW) becomes my spare key.

The blade from the non-Ford non-remote key I also got with the car becomes my emergency key blade.

However, there is evidently more than one version of the Ford 3-button remote key. The part numbers I've found so far are 98AG15K601AB, 98AG15K601AC, 98AG15K601AD & 98BG15K601AA. What's the difference between them? Which one do I need?

If you give me your registration number ill find out for you

If you give me your registration number ill find out for you

You have mail. Well, a PM.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I have a fiesta 2003 1.4 5dr and I wonder what part number I should be buying on eBay for a key fob? I only have a simple key with a blue W1 chip on it...

Where can I find the correct part number without an existing key fob?