Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying a Used Focus...

BeerBelly

Hi just visited a 2002 52 Reg FORD Focus 2.0 Zetec ESP Estate up for £3,999 at small dealer site. 45k miles on the clock.

Tidy car, but no service history at all - the dealer selling the car had make some phone calls and tracked the last services back (I also phoned the main dealer where the only owner got the car from and they match). My question is should I walk away from this car as lack of service histroy. Also does this open up any room for me to negoiate price (need some tips on haggling as well!).

Everything 'feels' right, but want to get an RAC mechanic to check it out, but should I move on? How sure can I be on mileage?

Any advice from those in the know will be hugely appreciated!

I only know the service miles back to 2006, as that was with the main dealer, after that I do not know IF the previous owner had another service, plus any miles she has or hasn;t done in the last 2 years.

First of all ESP (£4000) YES nice price esp is connected to your abs unit which if goes wrong will cost u !Removed! loads of money sometimes look at my long !Removed! story in http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...entry4906 that should help also 2.0 is it a 2.0 how do you know HPI time i think have a check

hope this helps

small dealer why so cheap ask the question (The person who is afraid to ask is the one who gets ripped off)

Matt

Are there are more same spec cars on the market? How much are they?

Is the garage offering warranty? Also think of your resale value, it is slightly harder to get rid of cars with less service history!

So is the 2.0 ESP a facelift/sports model of the estate? What does ESP do (don;t laugh :))

Haven't seen many, so could only gage the price against the 1.6 and 1.8s.

What does ESP do (don;t laugh :))

ESP - Electronic Stability Programme. Stability control uses clever electronics and a car's braking system to prevent skids during emergency manoeuvres

Well said it does a little more than that (wet roads good for and stopping) ESP is lika a diff really it sends different speeds to different wheels e.g. wheel 1 travelling at 20 mph round corner where as wheel 2 should be at 15 mph as its turning inwards wheel 3 is given more power to get round and wheel 4 is also doing the same it controls the speeds of the wheels as well and works from the abs sensors (The possibiltys are endless with abs sensors the they work from there own resistance and are really cool to test on a oscilliscope) *Manufactors extras have endless possibilites if the car has abs ever wondered why when ordering a new car if you want esp it has to come with abs ?????

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club