Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me!!!!

zetec89

ive just bought a 1.8 zetec focus and its quite quick for a start but i want as much power from the engine as possible without being too expensive ive tried a performance induction kit but that does no good in fact the fuel gauge moved quicker than the speedo and doesnt make much difference in performance either any ideas would be great thanks.....

ive just bought a 1.8 zetec focus and its quite quick for a start but i want as much power from the engine as possible without being too expensive ive tried a performance induction kit but that does no good in fact the fuel gauge moved quicker than the speedo and doesnt make much difference in performance either any ideas would be great thanks.....

Cold air feed? also try a exhaust system that seemed to free up my 1.6 abit not alot though but it sounds bloodey ace :P .

if youve got the bank for it how about a remap?.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/ have a scout on there to thats mainly engine parts though.

see here lol: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15074

to sum it up, gaining HP will always put additional strain on your mechanical components, thats physics :P not really worth it if you want the car to last its full life and not wear prematurely :P

the 1.8 is quick enough to put it blunt you want more power geta more powerfull car you can get a free flow exhaust 300 quid should gain you 4bhp if youre lucky the induction kit even with a cold air intake will get you 2 maybe 3 bhp more a sports cat at 300 quid will give you another 6 bhp or get the engine race tuned which is around 1000 quid some people will say get nitrous even with the engione strengthened it will blow the engine quickly. theres no way to do it cheap you need at least 500-800 quid to get a typhoon kit on it and the exhaust done as well as a remap without all three none will really work on there own and as said youll knacker the engine quiickly even to upgrade it to rs1800 specs which is 130 bhp you need the cam from an rs or a new piper cam which is 400 quid then you need the ecu and programming or a remap which will cost for a remap around 300 .

dont get tempted by the crap on eBay etc that says plug this in and get more power all they do is fool the car into thinking its cold which causes more wear and mucks up the ecu which is why they all satet that they are not responsible for any damage caused a good service and to make sure the car is running ok is best put in a k and n panel filter and be happy with the car

Seriously just leave it alone the 1.8 is like you said quick enough as it is, and the rest of the car is designed to take the strain of this output. If you want more bhp and torque in this case its best just to get another car. Best of luck though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club