Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken seat leavers

bb29

Hi I have a 2 door Fiesta Zetec 2003, the leavers to bring the front seats forward have broken in both seats, leaving my heavily preganant wife to clamber over the front seats to harness our 3 year old in her car seat when I'm not about. Anyone else had the same problem and any tips on what to do about it? I'm loathe to get them fixed for it to happen again in the future as it looks like a design fault.

Hi I have a 2 door Fiesta Zetec 2003, the leavers to bring the front seats forward have broken in both seats, leaving my heavily preganant wife to clamber over the front seats to harness our 3 year old in her car seat when I'm not about. Anyone else had the same problem and any tips on what to do about it? I'm loathe to get them fixed for it to happen again in the future as it looks like a design fault.

Haven't heard of this happening before but the levers are made of tubular steel so can be fragile, i`d google 'ford broken seat levers' ( or something like that ) and see if you can find if others are having the same problem, if so you may be able to use the information and e-mail Ford to see if they`ll pay some of the repair costs. ( just did a quick google and seems there are quite a few suffering the same problem )

Yeh its quite a commen fault, my whole family have fords and its happend 2 times in my aunties fiesta (55 plate) and my mums only went the once (54 plate) but they took it back to ford and they sorted it out, hope they can sort yours

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club