Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leak Drivers Side Footwell

Jen lee

Hi Guys

I'm new on the block. Love my mondeo :D I've had a look around some of the forum pages but can't find a 'leak' thread, but happy to be directed if this has already been answered elsewhere.

Recently when it has been rainng I have been getting a nice neat puddle in my footwell. Not sure where to start looking. Is mine a mk 3 mondeo? My partner has helped sort out other problems but hoping I can sort this myself.

Also rear screen wash doesn't squirt... :( I've poked the hole not even a dribble. Non techie speak and any pictures would be appreciated :) I am a complete novice and won't take offence at simplistic advice. :D

many thanks in anticipation

Jen

the leak in the front footwells is a common problem and is usually due to the pollen filter cover not fitting correctley at the base of the windscreen, see the link on how to check.

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Pollen_-_Odour_Filter_Change

with the rear wash can you hear the motor operating when you pull the stalk?

the leak in the front footwells is a common problem and is usually due to the pollen filter cover not fitting correctley at the base of the windscreen, see the link on how to check.

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Pollen_-_Odour_Filter_Change

with the rear wash can you hear the motor operating when you pull the stalk?

ah ok thanks I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find the pollen filter good pics. :) Don't think I can hear the motor for the rear wash but I'll have a listen for that tomorrow as well thanks for the suggestions.

Jen

also check for any loose door seals as this caused a water leak in my Fiesta's rear footwell

Hi thanks for that too, if I find loose seals should that be a replace or super glue?? I've a few avenues to check tomorrow hoping its not raining...or maybe its better if it is to see what is wet...

Jen

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club