Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Induction Kit Mk7

Chinn

Never mind the price of that....

Full Ken Block style body kit:

Pumaspeed Bodykit

Only £5,100.01 fitted :o :o :o :o :o

OMG that is seriously expensive :wacko:

Surely they could have knocked the extra penny off then it would be a bargain :lol:

'All this on the 1.25 !! So what will the 1.6 do ??'

-lol why don't you just tell us?!? Surely they have tested it on all models!

Never mind the price of that....

Full Ken Block style body kit:

Pumaspeed Bodykit

Only £5,100.01 fitted :o :o :o :o :o

OMG that is seriously expensive :wacko:

Surely they could have knocked the extra penny off then it would be a bargain :lol:

Seriously cant understand why anybody would pay for that!! You would be as well buying a new car rather than some bits of OTT bodykit <_<

Seriously cant understand why anybody would pay for that!! You would be as well buying a new car rather than some bits of OTT bodykit <_<

Haha it doesn't even include the spoiler!!

'Optional rear spoiler is available cost is 1600+vat.'

looks smart tha kit tho dunnit... havin said that though get the box thing, samco induction hose and a k&n filter... bingo :)

Quick calculation on the fitting charges for the J1 kit:

The description says "Fitting the j1 kit couldn’t be easier, with removal and installation

taking no more than 5 minutes"

The fitting charge is £29.38, so the hourly rate is £352.56 :o

I'm in the wrong job!

I posted about this on ZSOC

Il copy and paste my reply. I emailed them asking about the induction kit and to see the dyno graph before and after printout.

"Hi Jason, I’ve attached a picture of the dyno print out for the 1.25 Litre version, we’re still awaiting figures on the 1.6, but I would expect similar proportional gains. Much improved torque up to 2500 revs, and an average bhp gain of 6.1%. As you can see on a 1.25 Litre, 60bhp vehicle this equates to nearly 4bhp. Intake noise is improved with a fantastic growl from about 2000 revs. Our product is of a very high quality, and includes a cotton filter which offers efficiency levels much higher than those achieved with foam filters (Typically over 95% compared to circa 70% on a foam filter –when tested at maximum air flow rate). Ours also includes a silicon clean hose"

FiestaMk7Dyno.jpg

But is it really much different from this...

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=877&pic=2

which is half the price?

taken from jason's post "Our product is of a very high quality, and includes a cotton filter which offers efficiency levels much higher than those achieved with foam filters (Typically over 95% compared to circa 70% on a foam filter –when tested at maximum air flow rate). Ours also includes a silicon clean hose"

there's your answer

Well ive been emailing the company and they seem quite keen to let me test it out on my car, as its just been dyno'd they would let me try it out on my car and see what results it produces

There just waiting on results from another vechical they booked at Pumabuild

Hopefuly get some good info from this. All seems promising just pricey.

"SNIP

I’ve seen the reviews on the fordownersclub.com, and in response to some of the comments – the heat shield is actually made from black powder coated 1.5mm thick aluminium which provides a robust quality assembly. The MAF Duct, Mounting Feet and CCV Spigot are injection moulded Nylon, and the filter is a cotton mesh pleat with a PU open end and powder coated closed end.

How easy / quick would it be to book a dyno at RS Tuning?

Regards

Tony Cotton SNIP"

• 2 weeks later...

As yet no real idea, they both seem to shout similar gains. I emailed pipercross and got there dyno print out as well. Pipercross HFIC has shown good results in the real world but there dyno print out had me questioning them.

For starters the dyno'd Mk7 was running 135bhp standard??? thats a big jump. and it went up to 141bhp.

There bhp and tourque didnt cross on the dyno at 5252rpm long and boring reason why but basically the dyno is inaccurate if they dont cross.

Im waiting on J1 getting back to me to see if they will let me test there producton my car as mine has been dyno'd already and then they have an unbiased review on it if it works or not. That way id imagine it will in crease there sales.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys Ive been in contact with Tony @ J1 automotive and this friday he is meeting me at RS tuning to test the induction kit on a mk7 ZS, my mk7 ZS that was RR'ed a few weeks ago. Same car, Same rollers, different induction kit. Im hoping for similar increases seen from the 1.25 model, as is Tony.

I will take pictures of the item and will update you all on how it does ASAP.

Well we tested it out on the rollers and it was impressive :) sounds great on full throttle and growls. My car originally had a cat back and a k&n filter and pulled a good 126bhp start of September. We had it on rollers again before putting the J1 induction kit and hose on the car, again it pulled 126bhp. After the mod it did an impressive 130bhp and 129.9bhp. Remember that my car has a k&n filter, So its beaten the big guys who Have been in the lime light for a long time. This was also with the Ecu not having any time to adapt and learn to change its timing etc. Torque improved substantially as well where it used to drop off after around 5200rpm it kept high until redline. I'm on my phone at the moment so will give you a full review once I've had some more drives with it and also once I have the print outs in front of me.

The kit is very well made, better than I was expecting, bigger too. I'll upload pictures soon as. Definitely a quality product. Fitted perfect and did take about 5mins to install.

Great kit Tony and J1 automotive have designed that is 3bhp better than the "daddy's" k&n and over 5bhp better than standard.

Jay

UPDATE: Makes a glorious sound after 3100 rpm when the power cam comes In on the 1.6tivct and the gains are apparent all the way to the redline. After a hard drive I opened the bonnet and everywhere was obviously hot but in and around the filter was ice cool the heat shield does its job well.

Jay

Heres the MD's Write up on his site about the day. If anyone wants to have a good look at my car ive got a project thread on ZSOC.

Thanks

November 15, 2010 -- Last week 'j1 automotive' tested a new Fiesta Mk7 1.6-litre on a chassis Dynamometer, with the aim to evaluate the improvements associated with the installation of their high quality, high performance air intake kit which replaces the standard air cleaner and ducting. Running the car on the chassis dyno before and after the j1 intake kit was installed, highlighted gains in Torque and Power, as well as providing improvements in the intake noise.

Tested at ‘RS Tuning’ in Leeds, Jason Tierney’s Fiesta Ti-VcT, which looked glorious in white, and which had already seen power gains with the fitment of a Milltek exhaust, went though the test cycle to see an fantastic 5bhp gain; “…tested it on the rollers and it was impressive, sounds great on full throttle and growls” commented Jason. What’s more, we also saw a 3bhp gain over the standard K&N Panel Filter.

Installation of the kit proved to be simple and quick, with the removal of the standard air box, intake and clean duct, and the fitment of the j1 kit with MAF in little more than 5 minutes. The quality of the kit was evident, with the powder coated aluminium frame, silicon hose and cotton / mesh filter fitting easily within the engine bay.

“Great kit Tony, and j1 automotive have designed a kit that is 3bhp better than the ‘daddy’s’ K&N, and over 5bhp better than standard”.

• 6 months later...

So the J1 kit is worth the extra cash then? I've been back and forward to the Pumaspeed checkout with this thing but can never decide on whether to go through with it or not...

Sounds really promising...I am considering this one...

Ive had the kit ages now and still puts a smile on my face, the extra power is evident after 3200rpm there is a noticble bump in the power where the car starts making the most of the J1 by asking for more air. The quality of the kit is second to none ive seen really and In my opinion solves all the problems of the standard kit and the other alternatives. Air isnt slowed down by the up down up down atandard air feed, No heak soak, large enclosed airbox when bonnet is down and a large cone filter to maximise air intake(more surface area than a panel).

Im sure it is a bit cheaper direct from J1's site. Ive you do buy, drop him an email or a note saying you saw it from me :D

Yesterday I took the kit off to give it a quick clean(doesnt need doing but fancied doing it and took some pics

IMG_20110517_184655.jpgIMG_20110517_184738.jpg

IMG_20110517_184750.jpg

Jay