Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Spare Wheel For Fiesta Titanium

minko

hi.... i have just bought a fiesta titanium 2008 and am dissapointed there is no spare wheel only a puncture repair kit. I don't want a space saver in my boot but having found a normal size wheel will not fit in the boot well I decided to make a small adjustment. The normal wheel was 2" higher than the boot cover so I put a framework of 2"x2" timber around the top of the boot well and then placed the boot cover over the top. All I have lost is 2" of depth in my boot and you can't tell it has been altered.I have tried one of my car wheels in the boot well and it fits perfectly. All I want now is a used steel wheel for my spare... if anyone know where I can buy one from ( Yorkshire )

Minko

Is there a particular reason you don't want to get the spacesaver wheel?

I have it for my Fiesta and have had cause to use it twice and the car drove fine with it eventhough I have the 17' Titanium X Pack alloy's on the other 3 corners.

Is there a particular reason you don't want to get the spacesaver wheel?

I have it for my Fiesta and have had cause to use it twice and the car drove fine with it eventhough I have the 17' Titanium X Pack alloy's on the other 3 corners.

the reason being you can only drive at 50mph and it is a get you home or get you to a garage solution

minko

I just don't get the rational behind this. What else do you want from a spare other than it being a temporary measure?

If you have a puncture then what'll happen if you buy a full size spare? You'll swap wheels over, place your punctured alloy in the boot and... well what do you intend to do now? Do you drive around for days on end with a puncture in your boot or are you going to find a garage a.s.a.p to have it repaired / replaced?

Can't see what difference using a temp space-saver will make other than, er, um, saving weight and space.

• 2 weeks later...

The Factory-supplied spare is a 14" wheel, fitted with a normal profile tyre, as fitted to the base Fiesta :-- not quite the full rolling radius, or width, but it is a very good fit in the wheel well, and will wear well. So, you should not be under the impression the "spacesaver" is a motorcycle type unit, that only lasts 1200 miles. There is a bit of expense in a jack and wheel-brace, but the wheel/tyre from a Mk 6/6.5, on a 14" steel rim, from a scrapyard is a good buy. I bought one myself for £45 inc. post, this year. Halfords should be a good source of the other parts, as the jack has to suit the Mk 7.

I prefer a normal wheel as if you have had to drive @50mph on a dual carriageway or motorway its a scary thing..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club