Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 1.6 Battery Light Come On Today And Stayed On Please Advice Me

noman87

ford focus mk1 1.6 battery light come on today and stayed on please advice me how to fix it i have not had the car long and it has come a few times

since i have had it it has a new battery from previous owner and brand new alternator and i have them tested and i am going to get them tested again tomow to get a right reading but i would like to fix this problem once and for all i would like to add i will happily donate a little money for the fix of my focus i am always checking my mail so please help as fast as you can

ps i am sorry for anything i may have missed but please if u need any info i will try and help

i have 1 other problem but i will fix that after this one

ford focus mk1 1.6 battery light come on today and stayed on please advice me how to fix it i have not had the car long and it has come a few times

since i have had it it has a new battery from previous owner and brand new alternator and i have them tested and i am going to get them tested again tomow to get a right reading but i would like to fix this problem once and for all i would like to add i will happily donate a little money for the fix of my focus i am always checking my mail so please help as fast as you can

ps i am sorry for anything i may have missed but please if u need any info i will try and help

i have 1 other problem but i will fix that after this one

a good check of all the earth connections would be the next best thing. try connecting a jump lead from the negative battery terminal to the body and then the engine and see if it makes any difference - make sure the metal is clean and shiny where you connect it though

also give the plug on the alternator a good look at, make sure the pins are clean and shiny and that they look like they are making contact.

• Like 1

Do you do short distances or does she get some motorway use.

the most important thing to check is it the right kind of battery the fact both were changed assumes the previous owner had an issue if the battery is a lead battery then as its charging it will get cooked really quickly the end result is the battery light will come on even though the battery is not that old the car should and must have a lead calcium silver calcium battery anything else just wont last more than a few months it should tell you on the battery what it is if not try ciontacting the battery manufacturer to find out. the companies recommend lead acid batteries for the focus and i have no idea why as they just wont work if the battery is okay then the multiplug which has 3 wires attatched to the top of the alternator needs checked for any split wires after that it needs the right equipment for a battery and alternator load test

• Like 1

im havin the same problem with my 1.8tdci. i bought a new battery yesterday hopin that woulkd cure the problem but it hasnt so i grabed my trusty haynes manual and flicked through.

turns out that the ignition/no charge warni9ng light can also stay on due to the fact that auxiliary drive belt can be worn or damaged which is cheaper to fix than the alternator so u might want to check that too :D

• Like 1

this might help if u dont have a haynes manual at home

sorry 4 the size but least its easy to read lol

post-16822-128661042639_thumb.jpg

post-16822-128661045471_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i am going to check over all the stuff when my haynes come which is what i got off eBay today for 5 pounds so cant wait i have somthing els but i want to fix this first

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club