Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TOTAL MILEAGE EXPECTED FOR A KA

sootycat

Hello Everyone

I'd like some information if possible on how much mileage one can expect from their Ka? I have an entry level model, 6 years old now and mileage is 42,750. I take good care of it and have it serviced regularly and don't drive it hard (I never go above the speed limit)! The driving I do is mainly M-way.

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

motorway miles are better for a car than town driving as long as its serviced there is no reason why it wont do 100,000 plus

i have a ka3 1998.

it's got the older engine fitted & it's fine & on 99k.

you will find the parts you will need to replace latr on are the drop links wishbones rear axel rubbers & the front stabilizer rubbers.

all cand be done cheaply for £100 approx if fitting yourself.

just make sure you do the usual as it sounds like your doing

oil change etc.

happy motoring

i have a ka3 1.4 1998 s reg

you will find the parts you will need to replace latr on are the drop links wishbones rear axel rubbers & the front stabilizer rubbers.

all cand be done cheaply for £100 approx if fitting yourself.

oil change etc.

happy motoring

i have a ka3 1.4 1998 s reg

all can be done cheaply for £100 approx if fitting yourself.

oil change etc.

happy motoring

Hi delboy - many thanks for your information - it's very helpful. Hope you don't mind me asking but what is the 2002 engine like (you mention that you have the 'older' engine). Is the engine my Ka has as good as yours???!! (Sorry if it's a stupid question!). Also, I've read things about cam belts and cam chains! I don't know which one my car has - do you?! Thanks! :)

not a silly question m8

my engine is the endura engine

this is a picture of one

http://www.dervman.com/enginebay.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...ficial%26sa%3DN

copy & paste to see if your one is the same

it most probably is the same

they also use them in the fiestas prior to the zetec i think upto 2002 ?

it has a can chain so no worries on that part but chane the auxillary belt at about 60k ish or do it now as that way you know it's done

the ka changed on the 2002 plate but on the later models so you may have the earlier on like i have.

the endura engine is proven so it will last you for years to come.

mine is a 1.3 petrol mkdel

what's your one ??

Mornin' delboy

Thanks again for the valuable info! :)

I've just checked the manual and my engine is a 1.3l Endura-E - ?the same as yours? My Ka is a petrol 1.3l (sorry for my ignorance, but what does mkdel mean?!) and mine's a 52 plate. It's just had a full service and I will make a note to get the auxillary belt changed around the 60k miles mark - thanks for that! It's good news that it has a cam chain instead of a cam belt?

Also, what with the price of fuel these days, I've been trying to keep to a max of 55-60mph on the motorway (I'm sure I'm annoying those drivers behind me - if so, humble apologies!), and have noticed a huge difference with fuel economy. I've read conflicting reports on the fuel economy of the Ka, but I seem to do ok!

I'm glad I found this chat forum - it's great to find people with good knowledge on the Ka. As you may have gathered, I'm a complete novice, but I love and respect my little Ka and it's good to chat with like-minded individuals! :)

Mornin' delboy

Thanks again for the valuable info! :)

I've just checked the manual and my engine is a 1.3l Endura-E - ?the same as yours? My Ka is a petrol 1.3l (sorry for my ignorance, but what does mkdel mean?!) and mine's a 52 plate. It's just had a full service and I will make a note to get the auxillary belt changed around the 60k miles mark - thanks for that! It's good news that it has a cam chain instead of a cam belt?

Also, what with the price of fuel these days, I've been trying to keep to a max of 55-60mph on the motorway (I'm sure I'm annoying those drivers behind me - if so, humble apologies!), and have noticed a huge difference with fuel economy. I've read conflicting reports on the fuel economy of the Ka, but I seem to do ok!

I'm glad I found this chat forum - it's great to find people with good knowledge on the Ka. As you may have gathered, I'm a complete novice, but I love and respect my little Ka and it's good to chat with like-minded individuals! :)

mkdel should read model. sorry for the poor spelling.

not sure on the petrol but i know we don't fill up that often

my family car is a ford galaxy so if you need info on one of them just ask

as i have done loads of work on them aswel as the ka

you have a sound engine on the ka you have and it's a chain they use not a cam belt so it should last for about 200k

or atleast the life of the ka

Thanks again for the info, delboy! It's good to know that my Ka has a good engine - I plan to continue to treat it with care and get the best I can out of it! No need to apologise for the mis-spelling - pesky computer keyboards have a lot to answer for!! :)

Thanks again for the brilliant advce! :)

• 2 months later...

hi every1 has any 1 told u that fords give a wrong read out on the mileage i found out by mi bf that they do as he has had ford

I agree with all the other posts regarding mileage.

We're on our second Ka 1.3 and I've just bought Janet (my other half) a brand new black Sportka.

Janet's had her cars for 4 or 5 years now and what fantastic reliable little cars they are. With kind treatment and regular servicing you'll easily get 100--150k out of the engine--after all it's a proven unit which has been fitted in various guises to other models and the one thing that Ford have always been good at is engines.

I love that little Ka as it is tremendous fun to drive--for the money there is no better handling car--they go round corners like they are on rails and I can't wait to put her new Sportka through its paces as I know from the test drive how perky they are!!

Janet loves her Ka and if I want to drive it I have to take her keys out of her handbag before she does!! :rolleyes: