Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Problems Help Needed

MikesTheDaddy

Hi i was just given a fiesta 1.8 d and it has a few minor problems and what looks like 1 major but has just passed mot

1: have flushed all coolant out of system due to bottom rad pipe leaking (replaced today) but its has not cured the problem of no heat inside the car from blower have flushed heater matrix and the heater control valve all pipes too and from it seem to get hot car runs a constant cold temp and never seen it hit half way on gauge

2:major problem now seems like i have an oil leak coming from cambelt side crank seal how hard is it to change and would i need a timeing gun if so how do i use 1 thanks

Hi i was just given a fiesta 1.8 d and it has a few minor problems and what looks like 1 major but has just passed mot

1: have flushed all coolant out of system due to bottom rad pipe leaking (replaced today) but its has not cured the problem of no heat inside the car from blower have flushed heater matrix and the heater control valve all pipes too and from it seem to get hot car runs a constant cold temp and never seen it hit half way on gauge

2:major problem now seems like i have an oil leak coming from cambelt side crank seal how hard is it to change and would i need a timeing gun if so how do i use 1 thanks

hello mate, welcome to the forum.

what year of fiesta?

first of all, the engine coolant temp gauge not reaching half way, this might indicate the thermostat is stuck open.

as for the crank seal i cant help you there, never had to do one.

1997 r plate checked stat opens and closes fine really baffled

hmm, faulty gauge? is it possible that the coolant is still getting past the stat even when its 'closed' or that its opening too soon? does the top hose to the radiator warm up quickly?

not really i`d say about the same as any other car i have owned i was looking around on google there is a lot of people saying that mk3 and 4 festas have the hcv go up the shoot but does not explain cold running i def know the gauge works as under starin the temp rises to the o in normal but for usual running sits on the n

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club