Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Guard

Steve201070

Afternoon all,

It's newbie here after some help. I've recently purchased a 1999 Ghia hatchback and the stone guard on the front bumper is missing. I've bought a new stone guard but can't work out how it's supposed to fit! Any ideas?

it should clip on, the manual is not very clear on fitting, a ford dealer should tell you how.

it should clip on, the manual is not very clear on fitting, a ford dealer should tell you how.

do you mean the speed lip on the bottom of the front bumper? it should clip on though it can be tricky

• 2 months later...

Think I just broke my Stone Guard, if its what i think it is, looking at the front spoiler below the bumper, behind the front spoiler, clips onto the front spoiler and has 2 screws either side to attach to the side panels. its black heavy duty, thick plastic, looks like it protects the alternator and starter motor, besides other things.

been looking for the name of the item all day. broke mine on a curb, need to know where to buy 1 to replace cheaply as it now keeps hitting the road due to the air pushing down on it, as the 3 clips seem to have come off, till I get outside tomorrow and remove it, I have no idea if i can fix it.

Nope wasnt the stone guard i broke, but the passenger side, splash guard, now i just need to find a replacement.