Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Iphone Connecting Cable / Average Mpg

BHeart

Hi

I have bluetooth with handsfree voice control & usb and at some point in the near future, I will probably want to try and connect my iPhone to try it out and I would like to know what connecting cable I will require to do this?

My car has usb and a 3.5mm jack and I have seen this cable on the Ford Parts website:

http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_iPod_connector_lead_-_2008_onwards_-_1529487_F1529487-75

The cable info say it's for the iPod but would it fit the iPhone? If not, can anyone suggest a good quality cable at a reasonable price?

Also with regard to connecting the iPhone, for it to work correctly, do I actually need to use both the 3.5mm jack and the USB port for the iPhone to function correctly in the car?

Whilst I am here, I have a query with regard to the 'average mpg' on my Fiesta and, I remember seeing a thread a few weeks ago which discussed exactly that but I've tried to search for it without success.

After running my Fiesta 1.25 5 door Zetec for two weeks, the average mpg at the moment is 45.5mpg and that's driving about a 24 mile round trip to my place of work. The first and last miles were non-m'way driving and in between that was m'way at a speed of around 55 to 65mph. The average mpg seems reasonable but a bit short of the Fiesta quoted mpg and I remember reading that some user's had their dealer adjust something on the car to improve the mpg a little more.

Regards, BHeart

Well Ford's quoted average MPG for urban driving is 38mpg. So you're above that.

I have a 1.25 Zetec as well and my average MPG is generally around 45 MPG for mixed driving. If I'm very careful, I can get it up to 48-50 Your MPG seems normal.

Well Ford's quoted average MPG for urban driving is 38mpg. So you're above that.

I have a 1.25 Zetec as well and my average MPG is generally around 45 MPG for mixed driving. If I'm very careful, I can get it up to 48-50 Your MPG seems normal.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, 45.5 average mpg seems ok but as stated, 90% of my daily run is on the m'way at around 55 to 60mph. When I first started driving the car on Monday 4th October, the average mpg was around 38 and I've noticed that it's steadily increased daily to what it is at the moment, 45.7mpg, so I guess it's still settling in.

I do remember seeing a thread in this forum and it related to what Fiesta owners average mpg was but I can't locate it

again. It was noted that something on the car can be altered to improve the mpg but I can't remember. Anyway we will stick with it and see how it goes.

Thanks, BHeart

my iphone does everything through bluetooth? or are you purely after the charging?

I use my iphone charging cable and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.... which my ipod connects too!

Hi RCJ, many thanks for your response concerning the use of my iPhone in the car. I have a few questions on this subject which I hope you can answer for me?

So, just to confirm, if I just want to use the phone in the car, I need not use use anything else but 'bluetooth' to connect to the car and this will allow me to use all of the call functions of the iPhone and also those provided by the software on the car?

With regard to the cables, am I right in saying that "you" use your 'iPhone charging cable' to connect to the car's USB port and this will charge the iPhone up at the same time?

You also use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to connect from the 3.5mm jack on the iPhone and to the 3.5mm jack on the car and this will allow you to play your iPhones music through the car Speakers?

With regard to enabling blueooth on the car, after use, do you turn off blueooth when you lock and leave the car?

With the iPhone connect in this way (hard-wired), would the iPhone work as a phone just as if it was connected via bluetooth - but without bluetooth on - or does bluetooth need to be enabled to use the iPhone?

Last question, would the "Y" cable shown in the link provided in my first post work as well, if not better, that using a separate 'iPhone charging cable' and the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cables?

Thanks, BHeart

Sorry about the reply taking so long, ive been working hope this helps. This is all my personal experience, so if anyone knows any better than me, please input.

If I just want to use the phone in the car, I need not use use anything else but 'bluetooth' to connect to the car and this will allow me to use all of the call functions of the iPhone and also those provided by the software on the car?

Yes, When my phone is connected by bluetooth, i can access everything i.e. Phonebook, Missed calls, music (though names of songs don't seem to appear).

With regard to the cables, am I right in saying that "you" use your 'iPhone charging cable' to connect to the car's USB port and this will charge the iPhone up at the same time?

Yes that is correct, to charge the iphone (rarely required you can use your normal USB Charging cable.

You also use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to connect from the 3.5mm jack on the iPhone and to the 3.5mm jack on the car and this will allow you to play your iPhones music through the car Speakers?

I personally have a iPod Touch which is hidden in my car and i use connect this like you say above. So i assume to Iphones music can be connected that way. Though i have heard rumours, the sound quality is better through bluetooth (dont hold me on that).

With regard to enabling blueooth on the car, after use, do you turn off blueooth when you lock and leave the car?

I leave bluetooth on, on both my iPhone and Car, so when i turn the keys/turn on stereo, my phone auto connects and i dont have to worry about forgetting to connect it...(quite annoying when your doing 70 on the dual carriage way.

With the iPhone connect in this way (hard-wired), would the iPhone work as a phone just as if it was connected via bluetooth - but without bluetooth on - or does bluetooth need to be enabled to use the iPhone?

i just did a quick test and from what i can see, you need to be connected by bluetooth

Last question, would the "Y" cable shown in the link provided in my first post work as well, if not better, that using a separate 'iPhone charging cable' and the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cables?

Its the same thing realistically, i use the separate ones as they and longer cables usually....

Hope this helps

RCJ (ROB)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club