Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

graham_holly

I am considering buying either a Samsung omnia 2 or an HTC HD2 mobile phone. I have a new Fiesta with bluetooth on order, does anyone know if either of these phones are compatible? i would appreciate your response if anybody knows.

thanks for that fordpartsman. i cannot see the exact of either phone on there. would appreciate response from anyone that has used either phone. also on ford compatibility sight it talks of bluetooth compatibilty. presumably all bluetooth phones will connect or are they refering to an automatic connect rather than a manual search when entering the car? would appreciate if anybody can enlighten me!

I have a HTC HD2 and it works fine, only down fall the names are surname then first name.

Thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a 60plate fiesta and it will not even pair with an htc wildfire, the ford instructions are for the phone to search for the car then input 0000 as the code which will be rejected by the car so the car will issue a proper code, which it does , however by this time the phone has sensed it hasn't paired and will not allow a second attempt with the nw code which is as far as you get, i.e. you are back at the beginning.

the dealer and ford customer services are not very helpful, customer services say have the dealer offered a bluetooth update, the dealer when asked said is the phone listed as being tested if not there isn't going to be an update, custoer services said updates are adhock , eg could be one this morning, the dealer says wil probably try to charge fr doing an update, customer services advised that the dealer should be contacting thier technical department to advise of the phone make and problem so that it can be registered and looked at if enough interest, the dealer did not know this.

all in all a shambles

did have an lg cookie/kp500 which worked perfectly

ive got a 60plate fiesta and it will not even pair with an htc wildfire, the ford instructions are for the phone to search for the car then input 0000 as the code which will be rejected by the car so the car will issue a proper code, which it does , however by this time the phone has sensed it hasn't paired and will not allow a second attempt with the nw code which is as far as you get, i.e. you are back at the beginning.

the dealer and ford customer services are not very helpful, customer services say have the dealer offered a bluetooth update, the dealer when asked said is the phone listed as being tested if not there isn't going to be an update, custoer services said updates are adhock , eg could be one this morning, the dealer says wil probably try to charge fr doing an update, customer services advised that the dealer should be contacting thier technical department to advise of the phone make and problem so that it can be registered and looked at if enough interest, the dealer did not know this.

all in all a shambles

did have an lg cookie/kp500 which worked perfectly

Have you tried pairing through the car menu, rather than through the phone menu?

Dan

hi Dan

I haven't seen any option for this in the manual or in the bluetooth menu on the car, I hope its an option I've missed, can you advise how i get to this part of the menu and i will have a try when my wife comes back with the car

thanks

Mark

I have tried the Samsung omnia 2 with my bluetooth.I was able to get the audio security code up in the display and so far i have been able to bond the phone with the audio. I can get the voice control storing phone numbers and working but the phone's, phone book has not loaded onto the cars audio. has anyone more detail on how to load the phone book or have I got a compatibilty issue.this phone does not get a mention on the ford website.

My fiesta keeps deleting my phone from its phone database so nearly everytime i get in the car i have to re connect manually

Jamie

• 1 year later...

hi Dan

I haven't seen any option for this in the manual or in the bluetooth menu on the car, I hope its an option I've missed, can you advise how i get to this part of the menu and i will have a try when my wife comes back with the car

thanks

Mark

Mark,

I've just added this to another thread in this forum, but I hope they'll forgive the repost as it's relevant to your issue (i'm also a 60 plate):

Hi

Just wanted to add a comment on my own experiences trying to pair

an HTC Wildfire with a 2011 Ford Fiesta via bluetooth. As other posters have commented the mobile device will prompt you to enter the PIN code shown on the car display, but nothing is shown on the car display until AFTER you enter a PIN code. Unfortunately this PIN code is always a randomly generated 4 digit number, not the default 0000 or 1234 suggested by the phone, so there is only a 1 in 10000 chance you'll ever guess what it will generate!.

This is now I got round the problem:

1. Update the car software:

http://www.ford-mobi...ownloadsUpdates

2. Ensure bluetooth is turned on in the car radio settings.

3. Search for available bluetooth devices from the HTC Wildfire.

4. Once found, select 'Ford Audio'.

5. Enter any 4 digit number on the Wildfire and submit.

6. The actual pairing code will then appear on the screen of the car.

7. Rescan for Bluetooth devices on the Wildfire.

8. Select 'Ford Audio' again.

9. Enter the PIN code still shown on the car screen and submit.

10. The Wildfire will then show a message like 'Paired but Not Connected', but will then set up and connect the various services such as Bluetooth Audio, handsfree, phonebook sharing etc.

I'm sure I tried this process before without success, however that was before I applied the software update to the car radio, so that might have made a difference.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. Took me over a year of experimenting until I cracked it!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club