Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Judders When Pulling Away. Only When Cold?

mynameisluke88

Hi All..

I have just joined the club today.

I have owned my 2009/59 White Fiesta Zetec S since September 2009.

I am currently experiencing a problem when the car is cold. When I pull away in the morning or after work (When the engine is completely cold) the car judders like its going to stall... Thought it was just me at first but someone else drove it and said the same.!

Is anyone else having this problem or has anyone had this problem in the past?

HELP MEE!!! haha

Cheers!

same problem here, and at least other 2 cars of my friends :(

Have you or friends approached ford about the issue?

I think im going to call them tomorrow but wanted to act like i knew a bit about it before they try and lie to me!

:)

Same problem here as well! Started after about 14000 miles and is getting worse. Only happens on start up in the morning when going out of my street (up a hill in second gear). Mentioned it to Ford at the service, they updated software but it hasn't fixed the issue. I think it might be something to do with the fuel pump as there is a knocking noise from the engine when it loses power.

it could be to do with the air intake sensor or the fuel and air mixture sensor. if the ecu thinks engine to cold the ecu tells the air and fuel mixture to add or take more air/fuel so the engine runs as normal Evan in very cold conditions. if its doing this when it shouldn't it will cause the car to chock up and judder and lose power normally goes if you put the clutch in and rev or change gear. hope that helps abit. my advise unplug the battery for 10 mins to reset the ecu. if that doesn't work take it for a OBD II scan

I think I will just leave it with ford.. Can't be botgered messing about with it I will let them sort it..

Make the most out of the warranty ;)

Thanks though guys! :)

I think I will just leave it with ford.. Can't be botgered messing about with it I will let them sort it..

Make the most out of the warranty ;)

Thanks though guys! :)

ok mate hope you get it fixed

Yeah mine does this if its a cold start, that includes after being parked after a days work, doesnt judder or almost stall, but there is what feels like a huge lack in power compared to when its warm, up to about 2600rpm.

I have dyno print out from mine and there is a flat spot around that area so maybe its exaggerated when cold?

Jay

Oh good, it's not just me then...Might have a drive down to a dealer and see what they say. For some reason my Fez misses reverse gear more often than not, need got get that sorted too...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club