Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Retrim....i Can Has!!!

S666LER

Well i have started it, only done a bit so far but here is a peak...

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

Its going to be a long process but come the cold nights i will be beavering away with it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S666LER

• calmcdermott

• Tato

• mikester

crikey, do mine in white leather, they'd be worth more than the car itself!!

Yeah i am mikester, i am an upholsterer by trade.

Rear bench done, now got the rest to do.

DSC_0188.jpg

Fryboi i did think about doing it with white stitching but after doing a test piece i think the red looked better.

Wow! That's impressive. Can't wait to see the finished results. Rear bench looks great!

More progress pics please :D

i like how the material is streched round the bends and has no crease marks like the standard ford leather does.

reminds me of how good the leathers were on the fez st, nice and tight around the body of the seats.

top job fella, can't wait to see and smell this in the flesh :)

Yeah i am mikester, i am an upholsterer by trade.

Rear bench done, now got the rest to do.

DSC_0188.jpg

Fryboi i did think about doing it with white stitching but after doing a test piece i think the red looked better.

ahh right it was just a thought. ur the pro so ill trust you on the red ;)

Wow, cheers for all the good comments, makes it worth while.

Its come out so much better then i thought it would so its got me wanting to finish it even more. Tho i aint gonna rush it as i want to make it look top notch.

I have trimmed 4 of my last cars and always wanted red but never had the right colour car to match it with.

That looks absolutely beautiful! Puts my leather interior to shame!

That looks absolutely beautiful! Puts my leather interior to shame!

I quite like the leather option seats but i see a complete interior on eBay and it was going for like £700!!!!Cheaper for me to retrim it.

How much would you charge to do that to someones car for example? Looking to get mine done

I quite like the leather option seats but i see a complete interior on ebay and it was going for like £700!!!!Cheaper for me to retrim it.

At least your leather won't start cracking/peeling (even though I have fed the leather) after 9 months, no doubt if I take it back to Ford, they'lle just say its wear and wear like my handbreak cover.

I think leather looks a little out of place in a Fiesta (or any Ford for that matter) but well impressed that you're doing the job yourself. It's such a change to see an owner use their own skills to modify their car rather than simply throw wads of cash at someone else. Well done.

PS - do you have have heated seats or any plans to install heated seats?

I think leather looks a little out of place in a Fiesta (or any Ford for that matter) but well impressed that you're doing the job yourself. It's such a change to see an owner use their own skills to modify their car rather than simply throw wads of cash at someone else. Well done.

PS - do you have have heated seats or any plans to install heated seats?

Yes i am in the process of locating some heating elements for the front seats, but to be honest i have suede in the centers so its not going to be mega cold when i sit on it first thing in december. But it is being thought about.

How much would you charge to do that to someones car for example? Looking to get mine done

Not sure really its hard to give a figure as this is the first fiesta seats i have done, and so far i have been working on them all in for about 5 hours.That includes me removing the rear seats and stripping them down and recovering the base.

Your probably looking at 2 hides of leather to do the seats front and back, and decent hides on average are about 250 so thats 500 already. I reckon 1000 area but it really depends on what you choose fabric wise.

If you went for a faux leather (vinyl) then you could easier half the fabric costs.

Its not something we do where i work very often as i recover furniture like settees and chairs, but its all the same logic just its a car interior not a settee.

At least your leather won't start cracking/peeling (even though I have fed the leather) after 9 months, no doubt if I take it back to Ford, they'lle just say its wear and wear like my handbreak cover.

Peeling???????????Leather does not peel, we need pics.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club