Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Dab Radio....

lodgy

hi, i recently bought a 58 plate 2l zetec focus and was wondering how hard it is to swap the standard radio for the sony dab unit, just had a quote off ford of £650 just for the head unit which is obscene. iv seen a few on eBay but they have a silver rectangle around the radio which wont fit into the focus dash. any info?

thanks

dale

removal info

this is a removal guide

as for the radio is it double din fitment because that is the standard for these models for single din use you can buy a fascia plate which converts it

it is a double din radio as its the ford/sony cd dab unit. but i think its out of a mondeo or kuga and has a silver trim making the radio a rectangle where as the focus dash is a sort of rounded trapezium thing lol.

this is my radio shape

focus3n.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this is what i want to fit but as you can see theres a silver panel around it. i know they fit as there an option for the focus but dont know if the silver bit is removable

jsrad01.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh ok i see your problem the part your looking for is this one from auto leads

fascia link

it replaces the whole surround

dfpk-07-17.jpg

hope this helps

cool thanks, that looks a darker silver or is it just the picture?

is there any changes to the aerial needed?

thanks

it is a darker silver, i couldn't find any others but it might be worth asking if they stock any different colours. And as for your dab radio im pretty sure you will need a dab ready digital antenna for it but there relatively cheap try eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info from you all

sorry for delayed reply.

iv short cut the whole lot and bought a personel DAB radio and just plug in to my aux cable.

great sound at about 1/10th of the cost

That's a good idea does it get good reception. ilanbutler

reception depends on where you are really and what radio it is. i use a pure one and its pretty good to say all my driving is in the pennines which is about as technologically backward as you can get lol

• 3 years later...

Try on amazon search dab car radio go to bottom of the page to a company called www.justconnectme.co.uk they do complete units for £179.99 fitted for all makes.

It makes a massive difference having an amplified aerial - I got one from dabonwheels - 45 day money back guarantee if your not happy with it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club